Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am required to install several switches in a LAN closet and want to make sure I don't blow anything up.I have no experience nor knowledge regarding watts, amps, etc.Are there any internal documentation or outside that explain the basics about power...

HI Guys, could you please let me know should I put spanning-tree portast on the ports where routers are connected or no need to put this command..can any body explain..

friends, look into the below info============BOOT variable = ,1;s3223-entservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF8.bin,1;bootdisk:s3223-entservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF8.bin,1;bootdisk:s3223-entservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF8.bin,1;CONFIG_FILE variable =BOOTLDR var...

I need the ability to restrict traffic between 2 LAN segments. I want to do this with dedicated hardware. I acheieved this using a 48 port 3750 switch with ACL's configured (spare hardware at the time), with 2 ports used (one connected to LAN A, one ...

ajenks by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How would I create an access list denying several groups of macs.say:mac access-list extended test_list Now I want to deny non consecutive groups of macs. 2100.0000.0000 thru 2100.0000.0007 and 3100.0000.0000 thru 3100.0000.0007. would I need 2 diffe...

newbie by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've just deployed QoS on my internet edge and WAN routers and would like to monitor QoS and its behavior with a graphical system as opposed to logging onto each device. Is there a tool out there that can help with this? I know that Cicso once had ...

Resolved! VTP Pruning

Hi,I'm currently running a simple VTP domain with four swicthes (as attached). And would like some advice on VTP pruning.My understanding is I would enable it for the whole VTP Domain on my server switch using the command below? VTP_Server_Sw1(config...

i have a 5 stack switch connecting via stack cables in the data center. i want to add a 6th switch to the stack running from our IDF closet using a fiber connection. the stack doesn't seem to see the additional switch. how can i add this?

ramonat by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Got some input error on an interface of a gateway. What could be the cause ?FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up Hardware is Gt96k FE, address is 0011.200d.b470 (bia 0011.200d.b470) Description: Inside Network UL Internet address is X.X.X...

Strange behaviour.I have a cat2900xl and a 2950.Just set VTP on both.Interface are trunked in 802.1q on both (explicitly set on 2900xl, since by default it uses ISL).Native VLAN is 1 on both.Create VLANs on 2950 (which happens to be the VTP server), ...

ibrunello by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What do you think about the following naming convention....L1-1-500-1-4-5124L=facility1=building1=floor500=room1=rack4=position on rack5124=x.x.5.124 (last two octets of IP)It makes it easy to troubleshoot using monitoring tools. If a device goes dow...

I received a Cisco Spare SUP1A-2GE without MFSC board. I reinstall the MFSC + DRAM +BootFlash to the new board. And copy all files on the PCMCIA (slot0: ) from my backup SUP1. The copy checksum + lenght are good and the same. When I load the MFSC fil...