Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am looking to create a secure vlan where only specific vlans (or hosts) can access it on a given port. For exampleint vlan10 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0And only the following can access it:192.168.20.0\24 port 3389192.168.30.0\24 port 22,...

I have a 2960 switch in a production network. the port fa 0/3 is reporting 99% utilization on the link. This interface connects to an unmanaged layer 2 switch. Is there anyway to find out which IP address is hogging the port?

Hi,To start out with, I am new to Cisco. I have setup other routers without too much trouble, but I'm stuck with setting up an 1812. I have a few problems, the most important is 2 isp connections to fe0 & fe1 for failover. I used the SDM to config...

aldboccio by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Trunk Port/Vlan

I've inherited management of a shared fiber line I'm now the only one administrating it…The line consists of 5 3550-12g switches…My issue is one of the line participants has a port going to his private network set up as a dot1q trunk I cannot see...

Resolved! re: integration

Hi everyone;Trying to get some feedback if this is possible, here is my scenario ; we have a small remote office with 3 switches in separate buildings. The buildings are connected via fiber and all was working well until one of the switches got dama...

I have opened a UDP port on the access-list and would like to test the connectivity. Would you know of any reliable UDP test tool which I can install on a client (Windows/Linux etc) and initiate a UDP request (on specific port) to the server which ru...

cisco_lite by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Whenever my laptop is running and I connect a console cable to the serial port, it will still run fine; while the console cable is still connected, if I bring up my tftp server (solarwinds), everything freezes and I have to reboot the laptop.Pleas...

Hello,I'm used to work with Nortel Networks' BayStack switches and I have been told I cannot do what I do with my BayStack 450 switches with Cisco's. I find that hard to believe.Here it is.Let's say I want to share a device between 2 VLANs. For this...

I have 2 2801 routers that need to run BGP. Unfortunately my boss bought them with the advanced security version of IOS on them and not the advanced IP services I need to be able to run BGP. I was able to download the advances IP services version of ...

Gi0/44 of our WS-C2960G-48TC-L is connected to Fa0/2 of our ISP's 2950-12 switch.According to our ISP, the Fa0/2 is set to Full/100.Set our Gi0/44 to Full/100 = not connectedSet our Gi0/44 to Auto/Auto = half/10 but occasional amber blinking LED. Tra...

HI everybody!We have 2 Cisco6506 with HSRP running on them. For some interfaces the 1st one is active, for some interfaces 2nd one is active. You see that we do load balancing between them like this, and of cource have some redundancy. Some days ago ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card