Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a old Ms-word copy of Running configuration of router 3600. I want configure this copy of running configuration into new 3600 router. I m new this one . can any one tell me step by step how to configure this.

vinothlb1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to specify MTU size on specific vlans? A manufacturer of network storage recommends setting up MTU size to 2250 on the replication vlan.Thanks

pipsadmin by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PAgP question

What form are PAgP keepalives? Multicast/Broadcast?Is there any in depth info on how they are used to keep track of the etherchannel bundle?Thanks

cchughes by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is a weird one and it's happened twice in the past couple of months. We have port security active on our switches and twice we've seen it get tripped by an invalid MAC address like e8be.5bd3.5558. It's as if the machines that are connected to it...

Hi all,I'm experimenting with backup solution for my customers that entails a 3G router. We have multiple customers that are in a relatively small geographic area, we have purchased an 1841-3G bundle which includes an 1841 router with a 3G VWIC. If w...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Unable to successfully link gigabit adapters over MM fiber between a Cisco 3500XL switch and a new Cisco 2960 switch. Have tried configuring ports in sevral modes but none seem to work between the older Gigabit SX module an dthe newer SFP-SX module.T...

brascoe by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

*Please look at the attached pic for a visual of the question*I have two subnets:192.168.1.0/24 - main network192.168.10.0/24 - restricted App serverThe 192.168.10.0 subnet only has one server on it (App) that needs very strict access to it. Only a ...

qbakies11 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am having with 2 Sug720 -10G modules for a 6509 chassis. The standby supervisor is coming up as unknown status and the reduancy is showing as down when i do a show redundancy state.. The config I have applied is belowredundancy keepalive-enable...

HiCan any one help me on designing my new network.My current network layout is attached on picture 1Currently my network is running on switching only no Vlans are configured. Also in my network i have diffrent switches as mentioned in network layout....

Hi all,I'm upgrading 3560 switches from 12.2.37SE1 to 12.2.46SE. After upgade, a 'sh log' displays the following a couple of times:*Mar 1 00:00:26.105: platform assert failure: hwidb->snmp_if_index == ifIndex: ../src-hulc/src-common/hpm_idbman.c: 16...

Hi,A quick question about policing I'm trying to understand the parameters from my policy-map and wondered what the following meansclass 4mbps-at5-No1 police cir 4000000 pir 6000000 be 750000 conform-action transmit exceed-action transmit ...

I have a 2960 switch on a remote site. The site is connected via a T1 link to our hub. From there, the remote site can go out to the internet.There is one application sits on a device on the remote site that needs to transfer a rather hugh file out t...

ewong0088 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes