Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HI every body!I have few questions:1)In HSRP, one router is chosen as active while the other is chosen as standby, all the rest would be in listening state. What about VRRP?In vrrp, one router is chosen as master,are all the rest chosen as back up r...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 23 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!Here is what my book says:" you can also configure the switch to use dhcp option 82, the dhcp relay agent information option,which is described in rfc 3046. when a dhcp request in intercepted on an untrusted port,the switch adds its own...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! dhcp lease

Hi every body! Let say host gets an ip address from dhcp server with lease=20 days.Let say the host is unplugged , will dhcp server reserve the ip address for 20 days?thanks a lot!

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! UUFB and/or UUMB

Looking for real world use of these features.UUFB -unknown unicast flood blockingUUMB -unknown multicast flood blockingWhen a new device initially connects to a switch port, the devices MAC address is unknown so by default the switch MUST add this ne...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Please advice and suggest ....I have 4-sites all connected with each other.** Site A is connected with Site B withTwo physical links 10MB and 15MB** Site A is connected with Site C withTwo physical links 8MB and 10MB** Site A is connected with Sit...

HiI'm having a senior moment. Which way does storm control work on an interface ? Does it monitor incoming broadcasts and not pass them to the bus or outgoing broadcasts and not send them on the wire ?The issue is if you want to protect a server do y...

We're about to plan the deployment of some new virtual machines, based on vmware.Switching is based on cat6500/sup72 running native IOS.Virtual machines should be deployed on several VLANs.just thinking of putting 4 netcards on server:- 1 for managem...

ibrunello by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

During a CatOS to IOS conversion we experienced a power failure - :(After we recovered from the power failure, the switch boots into the SP rommon mode.Issuing the "boot" command (rommon> boot) the switch boots to the RP mode, reads the new IOS image...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, We have C6513 with Dual Sup 720 + MSFC3. There is one HSRP group configured on about 30 VLANs. On all the VLANs the HSRP shows that primary MSFC is the active and the second MSFC is standby except one group which shows active on both.Any ide...

m-haddad by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3750, with 12.2(40)se on it. When I try and upgrade I get an out of space message. I'm unable to delete the bin file that is on the switch.

6tgreene by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! dhcp snooping

HI every body!I was reading about DHCP snooping. That is what my cisco book says:" When dhcp snooping is enabled, switch ports are categorised as trusted or untrusted. Legitimate dhcp servers can be found on trusted ports,whereas all other hosts sit ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all, I spent almost a day in searching for the correct way to set up SNMP in cisco, but all I can find is setting the community for a traps receiver, which results that I can not send requests.May I ask if any one can help me, so I can snmpwalk ...

MrCheHMqm by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!I have 7600 config:gw#sh run int gi1/31Building configuration...Current configuration : 175 bytes!interface GigabitEthernet1/31 switchport switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 6 switchport trunk allowed vlan 6 switchpo...

mkachalin by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to be able to do the following two things: - reset device to factory, I tried to reset it and know I get a "permission denied" error when I try to "copy tftp running-config" - how to fix the Permission denied error ......Please help

dukeminus by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes