Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

The following is from a CCIE lab prep book regarding redistribution from EIGRP into RIP. I'm redistributing a handful of routes via route-maps which is simple enough. But the prep book solution has the following for the last line of the route-map:R2(...

mmurray by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I'm trying to configure netflow on my 6509. It works and exports data for layer 3 interfaces fine.I'm trying to monitor layer 2 interfaces (both access and trunk). Is this possible?In some locations I've seen reference to the commands ip ...

everestm by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,Need help to configure 6509 for Microsoft NLB.NLB is Multicast enabled with Virtual mac-address of 0300.5exx.xxxx Cisco 6509 running 12.2(18)SXF9When configuring the 6509 as per the document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/p...

Resolved! SNMP question

i have some confusion with SNMP:snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 communityname eigrp bgpThat command would send snmp traps (EIGRP and BGP) to snmp server 1.1.1.1 with the community name of community name correct?which then confuses me about the following com...

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We use several Dedicated Micros digital video recorders connected to Cat6509 switches running CatOS v8.5(9). we also run port security on all ports with the following configuration: set port security 3/36 enable age 1 maximum 1 shutdown 1 unicast-flo...

h.parsons by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have anybody seen GLBP on 6509 LAN router keep failling over back and forward? Below is the sample from router log.Jan 23 04:56:09 UTC: %GLBP-6-STATECHANGE: GigabitEthernet4/8 Grp 7 state Standby -> ActiveJan 23 04:56:09 UTC: %GLBP-6-FWDSTATECHANGE: ...

Hi All,I have a small site that contains only dual homed servers. Each server in this site is patched active/passive to two Catalyst 2960-48TT switches. There are 2 vlans in this site. There is currently one Catalyst 3560 which serves as a core switc...

Disabling WREDI'm running QoS on my 6509 with WS-X6748-GE-TX which I'm only running IPTV (UDP stream) in queue 2 marked as af41, nothing else. I don't see any point in running WRD since I'm not competing with any other traffic in that queue. Should ...

Resolved! catalyst 4510's

Has anyone used a 4510 as an access switch, i have inherited a system doing just that, and to be honest the cabling is a logistical nightmare. I've got two supervisors, one 48 port SFP card, and seven 48 port RJ45 cards. This is causing a huge headac...

joereid44 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Out networks is built by 6506, 3750 and 2950 swiches. For some weeks ago all uplink ports in the 2950 switches went into error-disable caused by loopback-detected. The strange thing is that none of the 3750 swiches where affected even it the same vla...

cyptic by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a customer with a pretty big network, lots of internet users and pretty huge servers getting requests from all over the world.I have attached a demo of the network.they have a cisco 6500 chasis acting as gateway for about 40 Vlans. each Vlan ...

victor_87 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card