Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 4506 and a 6509 with a 4 gig etherchannel between them. The interfaces are trunked. I am not able to get more than 1 gig of unidirectional throughput between them. I have tried Smartbits and iperf. Any suggestions as to the cause?

The 10GE SPA interface cards have two LEDs, one for status and the other for link. Both are illuminated, but there is no fiber connected to the cards and I cannot figure out if the whole ASR is bad, or just the cards. Also, the ASR's "boot" LED is co...

deangeloj by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I have this reference WS-X4K-CLOCK-E Catalyst 4507R-E/4510R-E Clock Module (Spare), I need to know what's realy the job of this module.Best regards

yassine-m by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, can anyone give me some info on the types and standards used in isp networks, for example we have about 5 sites that all connect to the providers mpls backbone, then connect to my head office. How do they handle the routing from all other com...

For devices not being used as a router such as closet switches which is better to use? no ip routing and then set a ip default-gateway or use ip routing and set ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0 for it's mgnt traffic and etc. Either works this is just a prefere...

VTP

Hi all, with VTP, what are the default actions, if I configure a domain name on my server will this get propagted to all other switches by default? or will I need to make them vtp clients first ?

Is there any method to config two 4507 switches into active/active mode using GLBP instead of active/standby mod by HSRP, so both the switches can forward the traffic.-bish

I have some equipment that does not support secondary IPs (not Cisco [sorry didn't know where else to go]). Is there a possible workaround for this? The device is a L3 switch, so I can create SVIs, but I am afraid that may not work...Any thoughts?Her...

rsvensson by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Folks!!,I have a switch with VLAN support and I'd like to segment my LANS with two different VLANs. I'm going to buy two routers cisco, one for each vlans, to give ADLS service. But I want this issue separated. My question is: Do I need to adqu...

Hi, We need to upgrade existing flat network having 3750*4 and 2950*7 switches without Vlan's to proposed network with High Availibility using 45XX suitable switch bwteen these 3750 and 2950, because we are offering emergency services. Kindly help in...

I have an environment with 5 Foundry FastIron switches and two Cisco 3750s. All of the Foundrys and one of the Cisco switches (3750-2) recognizes one switch (Foundry5) as the root. The other 3750 (3750-1) considers itself to be the root, and while pa...