Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

All,I was playing around with my switches at the house, and I ran across something that doesn't make sense to me. According to Cisco, if you enable bpdufiltering globally, then if any portfast enabled port receives a bpdu on that port, it will automa...

Hi all, I have a problem with mac-address flapping, when this problem occur, lan go down for few minutes.Catalyst 3560 is "Core" of this Lan,it is connected to 2 access switch and Stp in active on this switchesIn the same segment of Lan I have 5 WLC ...

Does VTP run on a switch by default or does it have to be enabled via config statements? Any links would be appreciated. Thanks

mknewnam by Cisco Employee
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Cisco ip helper

Hi.I have network core swith 3750 and 3 CE500 (user switch). And i have DHCP server on Win2003(vlan 11, ip: 10.10.11.11 connect to 3750). How i can user DHCP for client connected to ce500 with vlan 12(10.10.12.0/24) and vlan 13(10.10.13.0/24). In 375...

Hi all,Well I am trying to configure ip slb feature on my 6500 series Switch. I have done following configuration on my switch.ip slb serverfarm TEST real 172.16.1.215 inservice ! real 172.16.1.237 inservice!ip slb vserver VERIFY_TEST virtual 172.1...

Hi,Can we discover two different devices through CDP on a same port? Please find the output below:CHBNBAN2_2950A#sh cdp neighbors Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP...

Hello Guys I need a Litle help, I have 3 days testing this and I Isolate a Problem which I dont understand.I ahve setup 2 Routers C2600 with IOS 12.4(8) also try 12.4(17) both with same problem!.Using SNAT FTP go slow as hell!Config is very simple:RO...

Hi all. All my office PCs are connected to a cisco asa5510 gateway at 192.168.1.254. Recently we bought over a new company and integrate their private lan with ours. For the initial stage we did not let them use the same private ip. They are using 19...

donnie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all!We had an external scan on our IP ranges and some of our network equipment got flagged for some security issues.Log from the scan:Port ntp (123/udp)NTP read variablesSynopsis :An NTP server is listening on the remote host.Description :An NTP (...

azore2007 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We currently have 1 6509 switch with two WS-SUP32-GE-3B modules working in Single Router Mode Redundancy. Can I get another switch with same configuration and run HSRP for better redundancy?What are my options when its comes to using the WS-SUP32-...

All,I have 5 3750 switches. Each one of these have the SFP module in ports 25-28. These are uplinked to other switches (over redundant). I'm going to be removing these this weekend, and I was wondering if there would be any drawback to me using these...