Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two sites connected by a IPSEC/VPN over InterNet (multi-HDSL on each site).Each site has Switchs witch several VLANs. each witch different Network address.What I need now, is to set up one new VLAN that spans the two sites (same VLAN on both s...

battanc by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there any way I can get historical logs kept on the switches that would have revealed the mac address and the port that it appeared on, even if it's only 24 hours worth. The fact that the users reappeared on the network is obvious to trace. The ...

in multicasting..-is it possible to have pure igmp working on routers and igmp snooping on the switches? in this case i dont need cgmp.-or igmp/cgmp on the router along with cgmp on the switch?am confused coz of the ff;1-igmp snooping could watch the...

mac access-list extended CGMPdeny any host 0100.0cdd.dddd int gig1/1mac access-group CGMP inmac access-group CGMP out int gig1/2mac access-group CGMP inmac access-group CGMP out-what are the above commands trying to do-what is this mac address 0100....

hi! i want to know the following :1) what does " number of aggregator" mean in the command" show etherchannel summary " ?2)what is the purpose of pAgp priority ?3) sw1 is connected to sw 2 by f0/1,f0/2 and sw2 is connected to sw 1 by f0/1, f0/2If f0...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

guys can someone please clear few doubts regarding MST.....we have two 3560's swicthes there is 200M etherchannel as well.....now we have 10 vlans so all togather three instances )0,1 and 25 vlans are in mst1 and 5 vlans are in mst 2......i have a qu...

Hi,I have 100Mb Internet Connection and want to split this up on a 'per VLAN' basis.I.E. Vlan A gets 10Mb, VlanB gets 20Mb etc. etc.What's the best (easiest!) way of achieving this?Can this be done on a Layer3 switch or I was considering using a 2811...

Resolved! trunk formation

hi every body!Can the trunk be brought up usingdtp between two switches ,each having different native vlan provided that encapsulation is manually set to dot1q?I understand that even if the trunk does come up, two native vlans on switches won't be ab...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Upon detecting the dual-active condition, the original active chassis enters into recovery mode andbrings down all of its interfaces except the VSL and nominated management interfaces, effectivelyremoving the device from the network.To nominate sp...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card