Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

How do I validate my fiber port cabling when using the following Cisco transceivers?WS-C2950G-24-EIGLC-SX-MMGLC-LH-SMI want to develop a test to prove the “Lines” are good, poor or ugly, poor meaning the cabling has problems, too much attenuation...

Hi all, in my network, I have core switches, distribution switches etc. Is it a good idea to say have a monthly reboot or failover of the equipment ? do people do this ?

Users are getting packet drops while pinging the gateway (few 5 to 6 packets). i have not found any logs in switches. This problem is occuring for 2 to 3 minutes after that everything is working fine. Even i have added the switches in cisco LMS and s...

All,I have 6509's that I connect to via one of the the supvervisors. If the supervisor that I use to connect to the switch with goes down I have to switch to the other supervisor to get in. Can I set up a loopback interface to use for a management ad...

mrashby by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to use the IOS Server Load Balancing Feature Set on a Cisco 1811. Does this feature set allow for both full routing features and Server Load balacing features? I would like to use this device as both a firewalling router running OSPF i...

Our 7200 is currently etherchanneled to a 3750 stack(and working fine).It *will* allow you to configure a port into any channel 1-64:router(config)#int gig0/0router(config-if)#channel-group ? <1-64> Channel group numberBut while in normal enable mo...

zztopping by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, trying to configure numerous vlans on a 3750 core (48-PS-S/12-S) and am getting the following error. Didn't get any help from Cisco's Error Message Decoder.Error: %Platform already has maximum FHRP groups configured - virtual MAC reservati...

I have a slight disagreement with my co-workers here. We are going to connect our corporate network to another company's network over dual 20mbs metro ethernet lines for redundancy. I think we should firewall it and route via BGP between our networks...

rshum by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a problem with PBR.I have two ADSLs in the same router and I what to divide traffic.To the ISP1 I will send the traffic to the internet and to the ISP2 I will send the vpn traffic (remote vpn).The remote vpn gateway is the ASA that I have c...

rcapao by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need some assistance.. If I look at the 3750 install guides kit gives you two options for installing the stacking cables. One way it shows for three switches from switch one port one to port one on switch two , from port two on switch to port one ...

miket by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes