Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We use 7609 routers as MPLS PEs in our backbone network. Recently I've taken out a 8 port Giga module from the 7609 chassis while its powering on. I found that this module configuration of all its interfaces still stays when I do a "sh running"; but ...

h.dam by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

2 switches (4506 and 3750) are connected to a core 6509-E via VLAN trunks. Multicast source is on 6509-E. RP config is done. What I see is multicast to 4506 is working fine but not to 3750. IGMP report on 6509-E shows there is a group report f...

Yang Xia by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Some time ago I posted a question here regarding "ip verify unicast reverse-path". I have come to find that this command will not work on gig single mode fiber ports (WS-X6748-SFP).The command works fine on the 100FX cards (WS-X6324-100FX-MM).Is the...

Can anyone please let me know that how will I find the availability of GBIC or SFP card in its slot provided. I am trying to find this for following device types6509, 7200, 7500, 7600 & 29-00 devices.I tried "show diag" it gives information only up t...

Hi I am trying to find out what router is best for this setup?I have a DSL line in a remote office, I will create a VPN to my HQ. Normally I just put in a Cisco 877 as they do a great job.However, in this remote office is another company with a few ...

whiteford by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I've got a Cisco 4503 Core Switch with two VLANs configured.All is going OK with access lists management between the two VLANS, but now I have a scenario where I need to block only SQL traffic between two hosts on the same VLAN.Is this suppo...

interedlb by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to set up rate limit for a single IP address on a 2811. The IP address is 10.0.26.32 and I want to limit its bandwidth to 256000 bits. Can someone please help me out with the commands? I currently do not have any ACLs set up on the router

We hare opening a new building that will host our companies main application servers (all except two servers will connect to two catalyst 3020 blade swithces that we are relocating). There will be up to 500 members of staff using Cisco IP phones. Two...

mark.wood by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I've configured two routers connected through fastethernet interface with an ipv6 address, however I can't ping each other although interfaces are up.P1R4#sh ipv6 int briefFastEthernet0/6 [up/up] FE80::212:43FF:FEE3:C600 200...

muca by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I am building a new network which consists of a 6509 switch, a router and a FW. The 6509 switch is connectd to the router and the router to an ASA which has ISP connection to the Internet.The router will also get an external connections to o...

msultan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I configured GigabitEtherchannel (GEC) on 4507R and 2960G. After serveral days, I saw many input errors on interfaces joined GEC on 4507R but no errors on 2960G (see attach file for more information). Do we have to use the same Etherchannel load-bala...

Hi,I have an query regarding HSRP & iBGP running together.We have two CE router connected to two different PE and acting as Active Backup. There is HSRP running between CE routers. Now we want to use both CE as active active for load sharing. We can ...