Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a question regarding a 1841 router (2 FE ports) with 4-port ethernet switch card installed running IOS version 12.4(9)T1.I have 2 ADSL through both FastEthernet ports, for Internet connection. Internal connection is provided through etherne...

we are using Hybrid mode, I am changing the 6509 from Hybrid to Native mode. Everything has been changed. can somebody tell me if there is any documentation for testing the device in Native mode with different scenarios

bsmaganti by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! icmp echo & FIFO

It is often told that ICMP echo replies will be treated as low priority traffic and back seated. However, if an interface is participating in FIFO queueing then it stands to reason that they are forwarded in the order in which they are received. Can ...

bvihlidal by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,If I want to design an infrastructure for voice, video and data like NGN, which one is the best practice:* VLAN per service? * VLAN per user?How do I assing the ID for those VLANs?Where can I find more information about it?Lots of questions ...

Does anyone know of any known issues in which a single switch in a stack is reloaded but additional switches will restart as well? For example, in a 5 switch stack, switch 3 is reloaded. Switch 1 and 2 reload as well.

c-wilkins by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My company has recently boughta cisco pix 506e. for an SBS 2003 server. I followed the procedure as written in the documentation. But I am still not getting any access to the firewall.I have taken the following steps. Please correct me if I have made...

Hi,I have two Catalyst that I would like to connect with each other. They just have basic configuration with with just one VLAN. My proposal about how to make them talk with each other so that each vlan sees the other one and viceversa is. See attach...

HiI've setup radius authentication on my 3560 switch, what I'd like to do next is setup authorization but I'm struggling to find much on this. In particular I'm actually looking for the process of assigning particular commands to a user, can somone p...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card