Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys, just a quick one. I've just purchased some kit 2 x 2501 Routers and 1 x 2924 Switch. I've been studying for me CCENT for 3 months now and I'm very close to the exam (well I think I am) and I feel comfortable with each topics... but, this thr...

My question is:Why am I seeing the IP address of 10.98.3.3 while issue “sh cdp neighbor detail” on 6513-01? and why it is using IP address of vlan3 since I have number of the other vlan with IP address configured?What could be the possible config...

Suppose I have 2 core switches at seperate locations with a GiG ethernet connection between the switches. Right now the GiG Ethernet connection is configured as a dot1q trunk which is required to carry a vendor's Layer 2 proprietary traffic between ...

mparekh by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having a tough time convincing my manager about the benefits of enabling VTP and Pruning in an environment consisting of 7 stacked switches and 3 VLANs. He is convinced tha “VTP just has all its own problems, and maintenance issues”. Can som...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am out of banding into my router fine. My username prompt comes up but when I type in the username it is like nothing happens. I hit enter and nothing happens. Eventually it times out on me. This ever happened to anyone before?Hayes AT external...

I am an embedded software developer, and have a need to find a switch that will support two LAN's, with the traffic completely segregated. Can any of Cisco's switches do this? What would such a feature be called?Here's how it will be used:When deve...

tmurray93 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!I'm trying make a lab-setup using a Cisco 1841 (IOS 12.4(4)T2) for eth-bridging over L2TP using BCP/PPP/L2TPaccording to RFC 3518. The peer-end (LAC) of the connection is a Linux device running xl2tpdtogether with a patched pppd supporting bcp.The...

Hi to all,I wanted to know if Cisco has built load balancers which support MAC ACLs like on its switches. I know that some Cisco Load Balancers support standard IP and Named IP ACLs. But what abt standard MAC and Named MAC ACLs?Thx in advance..Warm r...

Hello all,I have a video streaming multicast server witch performs rather poorly in a LAN environment. I used IGMP snooping for multicast and that part works just fine. However some of the clients are experiencing unacceptable latency and jitter (the...

in a switched network? I have a total of 5 switches which are connectec by crossover cable from one to the next. A packet sent from the first switch to the last will go thru 5 switches to get to its destination. Is this "legal"? What is the max am...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi there,i got a 1841 router and i have a dsl - line. i get a public ip, but i do not have access to the internet. i have no idea why... can anyone help me? thanks a lot.actual config:Current configuration : 1964 bytes!! Last configuration change at ...

pfistyle by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Im working with my server team and they are requesting i change the port setting on the 3350 to auto speed. I understand that gig ports can only be set to full. But I am used to seeing "auto" in the show interface command...but i am not seeing it he...

Failed the CCNA once already, got whomped by the NAT lab and now looking to get a NAT lab running at home to work on it with.I have a 3640, a 3550 and a 2950 to work with. I also have cable modem service with a dynamic IP assigned ua DHCP.Is it possi...