Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Does a Catalyst 6006 or 6009 with a Sup1A support gigabit modules (for example: WS-X6516-GE-TX) or is a 6500 series required? Is there a compatability matrix available for cross-referencing such hardware?Thanks!

Hi,Quick question regarding secondary IP Addresses...I have a customer who has multiple gateways per vlan across a couple switches (don't ask). In order to help migrate them with a more seamless transition to the new network I'm installing for them,...

Hi all, when we talk about the osi model, does each layer encapsulate from the layer above, ie layer 2 encapsulates layer 2 etc ?

Hi, in my network 1 switch is connected to 3 server ( app. server, Real time Server and Data base server) through diff. vlan and all the vlan allowed in port-channel, I want to findout exact mac address of those servers, when i am doing "sh mac-addre...

goutam_04 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi i am about to purchase a Cisco Catalyst 4506-E ,i have 7 cisco 3560 POE and 1 Cisco AP1200 to be connected via fiber to the Cisco Catalyst 4506-E Can you please specify what items to be ordered like slots? cards? and chassis

nis2cu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Sirs.In a warehouse location I have installed 16 Linksys WAP54GPE/WAP200E access points. All these access points are connected to a 2960 switch. Due to the roaming issues with Linksys APs all the ports on 2960 used by APs are in protected port m...

AlexioUBS by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

For couple of days I have been trying to set up a flat network between 3 PCs(PC1, PC2& PC3) and the Cisco switch 2950.I was able to ping PC1 running Vista Home OS from PC2(XP Pro) and PC3(vista) but PC1 cannot ping PC2 & PC3. PC2 and PC3 cannot ping ...

kamwooFer by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi NetPro,anyone who has experienced about this ?i was wondering i have fixed the Root and Priority at Core-switch for all vlans. how come new root bridge will automatically changed ?2008 Feb 24 16:06:01 GMT8 +08:00 %SPANTREE-5-ROOTCHANGE:Root change...

ney25 by Level 2
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I use embedded QOS with shaping at a parent level and bandwidth statements at a child level, on both the inbound and outbound interfaces of a router. I am seeing lots of output drops on the inbound interface (inbound to LAN). However I am seeing this...