Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two 3750G-24T switches sitting between a couple of servers and a Lefthand iSCSI SAN. Each server and all of the SAN modules have two NICs (one connected to each switch). Is it better to have the switches stacked or should I put them in a clu...

krisdon by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Folks,With a 6500/7600 and running some WRED based QoS policy. What will happen if i reconfigure the QoS policy, will it be applied immediately to all current flows which match or will it wait for the flow to complete (FIN) before changing the pol...

Resolved! 3750 vs. 2821

We have been recommended to move our routing services from a pair of 2821 routers to a pair of 3750 switches (with IPSERVICES). I was wondering if anyone has any statistics as to the throughput of the two?I realize that there are many variables to c...

dmcushing by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

May i know how to enable the trunk port to let to vlan of cisco switch 2950 to communicate with the vlan of cisco switch 3950? If possible, please provide the commands. Thanks.

ssweehin by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I woul like understand some concept for my BCMSN certification exam about QoS for IP telephony.1# CoS value is a layer 2 information add in layer 2 header of IP packet, I would like to understand why it's better to trust CoS value came from IP Pho...

Hi !I'm trying to understand RSPT and I had setup a small network lab with 4 Catalyst access switches. I provide a small schema of my lab setup. I wrote on the schema where I was expected and see root port, designated and alternated port.But when ...

Hello all.Cat3550 that we were using crashed. At that time, 3550 has put out crashinfo. Will you understand any causes?The cause has not been understood though I used stack-decoda . Minimum process stacks: Free/Size Name 4864/6000 vegas_flash ini...

by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! boot buffersize

I have a config that is too large for nvram. I am running a 3725 router with 12.4 IOS. The boot buffersize command no longer functions in this version. Is there a different command i can use to do the same thing?

daveshimp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, am studying the ccna, pls i hav been trying to issue the extended ping command from the router's interfaces fa 0/1 which is connected to another subnet. i tried to issue the extend ping command to the switch which is connected to my router's ...

I bought my Cisco 857 a week ago. I am using 128 Kbps ADSL. It provides about 96 Kbps download for about 2 hours and then the speed drops to zero. Then I turn its switch off for about one minute and then I put it on. Again it provides 96 Kbps downlo...

wondimufg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please i have a voip platform,unauthorised users get access via ftp,i check pls i need access list statement to permit only 4 ip addresses on the 2600 series.i await sample config to load on my router thanks.