Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We recently found a problem with a stacking cable. After resolving this issue, we decided it would be a good idea to monitor the StackWise ports on our 3750s.Looking through the MIB, I found the cswRingRedundant object (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.500.1.1.3.0)....

We have been tasked with the possibility of implementing jumbo frames on some of the switchports that are used by our servers. I see where you can increase the MTU size on the ports. However, I have also seen that if you're going to do this you hav...

dhopper82 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3 3560's in one closet that are connecting with copper SFP's between each other. The top 3560 and bottom 3560 have a fiber SFP to the Core. How important is it to have the return cable from the top 3560 to the bottom 3560 switch?

Hi all,I have the following configuration.Cisco Router 2811 [Router_A] <-> 2960 Switch [Switch_B] <-> 2960 Switch [Switch_C] <-> Cisco Router 2811 [Router_D] <-> 2960 Switch [Switch_E] <-> Hosts [Host_F].Now, the Switch_B is configured in VTP Server ...

Hi guys,can anybody advise me on a basic home lab topology: i have 2 routers, 2501-2503 one pc. Also the cables i will need and how they link up. ::trancever:: ::console cable:: ::serial cables:: etc...

HelloRecently one of ours 6500 with sup720 is receiving messages "%EARL-SP-2-SWITCH_BUS_IDLE: Switching bus is idle for 2 seconds. The card grant is 11". We are aware that this message is connected with OIR issue and that one of the modules is experi...

I have a few questions for 6500 qos acl configuration using CatOS. Here is the scenario:1. I already have qos acl on the switch. It is in the sequence of DSCP value but has no sequence number. Here is an example:set qos acl ip abc dscp 40 udp 172.15....

Interfaces on the same VLAN receive IP multicast's from other streamers on the same VLAN. This doesn't scale well and it is not a proper setup for each streamer to automatically receive one another's multicast.Problem description detail: Streamer 1 a...

jradke by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we want to replace our old prestandard cat 3524 poe switches, but with the release of the new AP1250 that require 802.3at power we want to hold off until Cisco release an 802.3at switchanybody any idea when cisco will release such a switch