Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, can anyone tell me why we have to use a crossover cable to connect switches together ? how come pc's dont need this, is it because on a nic, they are already opposite transmit and receive ports as standard, also how come we dont need a crosso...

i am trying to get the 802.1x authentication working between windows xp computer and switch c3560 using ACS 3.2.ip address is static in this first step, just trying to be authenticated by radius ietf.but in acs i got this error in Failed Attempts :Ba...

ohassairi by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, when pc's / servers make sessions to other pc's and servers etc, do they just pick a random port between a certain range, also when would the source port be the same as the destination port? would tftp be a good example , would it use port 69...

Hi, i have many sites that have only 1 active link to the hub at any time, now normally in an area i have approx 60+ routes on each router whereas the next hop for every route is same i.e. ABR of that area, so is there a way i can summarize all the r...

We have set up our cisco router as DNS server. Its working file but we have a problem. Our inside interface is Public IP and outside interface is having Private IP of ISP network. We would like to know how to configure the router to run DNS server on...

Hello,I want to team nics on an HP server to two different physical 4948 layer 2 switches for redundancy. Can anyone point me in the direction of a "do's and don'ts" document? Or is it as straight forward as it sounds?Thanks,William

Resolved! vlan question

Hi,I config two CAT 3750 switches, one is on 32/F; other is on 8/F. there are two in-house fibers to be connected to each other. router is on 32/F. I would like 192.168.16.0, 192.168.17.0 traffic via fiber A172.16.16.0, 172.16.17.0 traffic via fiber ...