Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are setting up a wireless bridge, the default ip cisco give for this device is 10.0.0.1. This is being placed on our LAN. Our lan network is 192.168.1.xBesides going into the bridge phycially and changint it via CLI..is there anything I can do rem...

Hi, I have changed my STP timers on the root bridge, either manually or using 'spanning-tree vlan xxx root primary diameter 2' commands.From my non-root switch I can see that the timers have been adjusted under the 'ROOT ID' section of 'sh spanning...

My question is.... we have this application working everything is fine with accessing weather on line or through Console. If the switch\router is not connected to the network i cant access through the Console port. So if by chance i lose my GBIC's an...

Hi all,I'm have gotten the following syslog from a couple of 6509 switches on campus here:MCAST-4-RX_LVRANGE: IGMP: Rcvd Leave in the range of 01-00-5e-00-00-xxAnyone know what could cause this?Thanks,Wil

wil6707 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have this in my show int in a switch C3524, in the port that connect to the switch core: 5 minute input rate 149000 bits/sec, 28 packets/sec 5 minute output rate 35000 bits/sec, 17 packets/sec 116142 packets input, 71731977 bytes Received ...

Scenario: 400 user LAN (30 VLANs - L2 througout - L3 routing at the core) with about 30% of the users having small 5-port gig switches because they must run 3-4 machines. Physically we can only deliver 2 ports/user and each user has a Cisco IP phone....

HiI have a two 6500 switches, and wonder if its possible to get, how much power our swiches are using (consuming) through SNMP?I want to see power consumption in an SNMP application (Cisco Works).Is this possible?i have looked here http://tools.cisco...

Dear Cisco Users ! I have a test about Spanning Tree Protocol.On the Switch 2950, I have three ports (1,2,3) in the same vlan( default) The first connected to the router 1841. The second connect to Convertor leaded to my NOC The third used to backup ...

Hi,We wanted to configure the network attached.We wanted to know how best we can configure access layer switches, distribution switches & Core switches.Access switch is 3750 PoE,distribution is 4506 & Core is 6513We are planning to use static routing...