Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

The software in my switch is corrupted. I am trying to load a new copy by following the directions in the manual. I entered in copy xmodem:flash:image_filename and it comes back copy [-b <buffer_size>] <src_file> <dst file>. And i have tried entering...

tim by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi can anybody help me to understand the cretiria chossing IP or TCP protocol for an extended ACE .If u want to block HTTP traffic for example using TCP protocol, what if the traffic is fragmented. will it block all the fragments or only the first? U...

bkoum by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When users complain that the network is slow(the organizational network,aka "intranet") what show commands can i use in the switch and on what fields/parameters should i look that can point out that there is a congestion problem(the network is slow.....

Hi,Can somebody help me in this; is the IOS FW log differ in format from the routing and IDS logs or does it have the same messages format.I checked out this link but couldn't figure out which of them is basically related to the FW log:http://www.cis...

Hi all,I try to interpret the output of crash info, some error messages are found, but no information is provided by the output interpreter. Does anyone have experience with this error messages ?No information on error code EOBC-2-EOBC_JAMNo informat...

Hello,I am a newbie on Cisco with limited knowledge, but have read the configuration manuals for the 3550 and 2950 devices. We are in process of changing our network infrastructure substantially.The problem I am trying to solve is I cannot identify w...

cwlangren by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE with the Switch Fabric Module 2 WS-X6500-SFM2. We are upgrading the switch and wondering Wwat is the replacement for this blade when using a SUP32? Nad could you point me to a link for more info....

I'm using rotary NAT on a pair of 2600 Routers to translate the same IP to two different destinations using TCP load distribution.Everything works fine except when you fail one of the physical servers. The Router will still try and NAT you to an IP t...

wrgoulden by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our client has two sites, internal and remote. Internal has installed a Server, the remote site is the client subnet of this server.The router which is connecting the server has other department subnet connection as well. And also connect internal ro...

ryanyan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6506 incrementing FCS-ERR counters on an SFP port. The other end of the fiber is connected to a Catalyst 2980. There are no errors on the 2980 port and there is no duplex mismatch noted on either switch port. What would be the most likely...

medic by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes