Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

After upgrading the IOS I am seeing this on my 7100 for a prompt.Router(boot)>..any ideas as to what this is? I have followed several docs on Cisco site to no avail...the boot part always stays there....Thanks

uubozou11 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,we have a cisco 3560 channel/trunk to core 4506.when I type in "show interface counters errors" there are a lot of undersize errors on these channel ports. and my boss let me finger out why.and other switch (cisco 2950) have the same proble if thi...

As I recall, switches will add the VLAN tag on frames entering a VLAN configured port & remove the tag once the frame exits the switch. Assuming VTP is enabled in a LAN topology because all VLAN members do not reside on the same switch, is the VLAN...

ocicat002 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Are there any other reasons to pick the 3750 over the 3560 for a branch office switch? I've seen where the main difference is in stacking, which is not really a factor for me.I have also been told that the lifespan of the 3750 will be longer than th...

I have 3 Vlans - Native, 20, 30. I have one host on 20 and 30 and they can talk to each other, but they both can't access the internet. Consoled from the switch I can ping the router, both Vlans, and websites. I am using the first ethernet port to ...

On our 4510 switch we have multiple VLANs. Two of the VLANs have IP addresses assigned to the VLAN interface. I assumed that no inter-VLAN communication would take place until I used the 'ip routing' command. That's not the case though. I do have...

ryanparr9 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As the subject heading says I am experiencing extremely high CPU utilization by the EXEC process.CPU utilization for five seconds: 97%/0%; one minute: 96%; five minutes: 96% 2 ME 80335584 8180376 129506 6316610968/12000 65 Exec 129 M* ...

Dear all,i'm configuring an extended access list on a 3750. i'm would like to know what protocols does services/applications like Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connections (& other similar stuff) is using. i'm unable to established a remote desktop conn...

We have a 4507 switch with redundant supII-plus-10GE with 10Gbase-LR gbics and we are connected via single mode fiber to a 6509 with redundant SUP32-10GE with 10gb-LR gbics. The two active supervisors are connected at 10 gb, I would like to add a 10...

101pch382 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes