Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I'm in the process of purchasing a WS-C2960G-48TC-L switch along with a smartnet contract 8x5x4 from a registered cisco reseller.The reseller says we need a CON-SNTE-PKG11-VS which I find quite expensive (50% of the switch price for a 3 years cont...

Hi Folks,We have a small network.can anyone tell me if there is any software for managing this netowrk?just like the procurve manager for procurve devices.Thanks in advanceRgs,jack

Hi,Is the default gateway on a switch the outside interface of firewall or the Ethernet interface on the router, which connects to the outside int of the firewall?

saidfrh by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was just curious to know if I need to enter both the global command "ipv6 unicast-routing" and the interface command "ipv6 enable" to enable routing on a router? I am just trying to figure out what the difference is with the two commands and if/whe...

schadmin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts!I am looking for the cable and baud rate for connecting to WS-SUP32-10GE-3B module. On the Cisco website (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Chassis_Installation/Cat6500/03instal.pdf) it says that sup mo...

Hi,I using a 2800 router connected to LOOP-E1500 modem and ASA 5510 firewall on 2M leased line. I experiences sometime the connection to internet is very slow. Normally, it tooks less than 5secs to load a google home page but out of sudden, it may ta...

tacl75 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have a 2691 router that is used as voip gatekeeper , currently runnng c2691-jsx-mz.122-15.T5.bin . Need to add SSH functionality , everything in the 12.2 train seems to be deferred so have to go 12.3 . I can find the equivalent code in 12.3 but I a...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two core 6509 switches (one upstairs and one down stairs, not redundant) with two 3560 switches trunked up to one of the 6509s.I would like to add a third 3550 switch to use as a spare upstairs, in case one of the blades fails on the 6509.I wa...

Hello,I have a SOHO 96 router and while I have a dynamic IP, how am I going to use a service such like DynDNS ? I think that this router does not have such service. Is any other way of doing this ? Thank you in advance.

Kindly advise the following:The purpose is to proactively monitor the router/switch. Syslog/SNMP has been configured. 1) syslog/snmp is useful when the router/switch is up and router/switch detected problems which will send error messages to the sysl...

I have been running into walls trying to determine the correct router for one of my remote locations. I have some set requirements and some not so set. First it must have the DynamicVPN support to handle spoke to spoke communication. Must have an ...

can someone explain the ramifications to existing production traffic going through a 4500 switch if the switch is made the root bridge for a specific VLAN? what sort of disruption am I looking at? I assume Spanning tree recalculates, but I've never t...

I have a simple network in my office. 192.168.10.0/24 In this network my server ip add is 192.168.10.10/24. and around 200 computer are connceted with it through switch.All client computer have 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.Someone has changed the ip...