Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Best Practice For Upgrading IOS?Hello all. I have been looking at switches in a client's network and I've found that these switches are running Cisco IOS version 15.2(2)E5 and IOS XE version 3.6.6E. My question is this, how do I find out which IOS ve...

I have a pair of Catalyst 9500 clustered via virtual stack.  Is there a setting so that, when doing an IOS update, the cluster will update one member at a time and have the other member stay in full operation?

jmcgrady1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, In preparation for a Nexus upgrade, just thinking through, as the upgrade process occurs on both the primary and secondary switches, what scenario could cause the Top of Rack switches to lose connectivity. Assume that all ToR switches are dual...

shamg1974 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem with high CPU processing on the switch. I tried to run EEM from the link below on the device (WS-C2960-24PC-L), but it doesn't have the event command switchA(config)#event ?% Unrecognized commandswitchA(config)#event But if I run it ...

Hello, I am an instructor for the US Army. I am redesigning the routing and switching course as we speak. I have ran into a few issues with Packet Tracer 8.0. and any help would be great. issue 1: once i created a lab in PT i want to lock the devices...

Here are the scenarios I've seen. Problem 1: Plugin a band new device into a switch. We get an IP address but cannot ping/connect to anything. Solutions: BDPU Guard got enabled, Port Security got locked, Disabling 802.3 Energy Efficient Ethernet, Del...

Hello! I am quite new to networking and I was trying to create a network using the RIP protocol as well (because I have two routers). However, I kept trying to add the protocol but the packets are still not sent properly. I also noticed that when i w...

SSH

What happens when the transport input ssh command is entered on the switch vty lines?The switch requires a username/password combination for remote access.The SSH client on the switch is enabled.Communication between the switch and remote users is en...

Hello,I'm using show interfaces counters cli command to get traffic on SF300 and SG300 28 port cisco switch interfaces. (using netmiko python library based on SSH connection)It returns the data for the first few ports and then for the rest ones it re...

netmiko error.png

Hi Team, I have Cisco switch C9200-48P, SW version 16.12.2, SW image CAT9K_LITE_IOSXE and Mode INSTALL. This switch is reflecting under vulnerable assets on our NEXPOSE report, could you please suggest me the next software version and installation gu...

Hello everyonei have a problem with GLC-GE-100FXI need to install 24 GLC-GE-100FX 1.0 V03 in a 3850-24S-S.The first 12 are recognized while the other 12 are unknown. I try to install 24 spf 1.0 V02 and I am acknowledged all of them.I try to update th...

vin.marco by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

log information:%MODULE-2-MOD_DIAG_FAIL:Module 9 reported failure Ethernet9/1-4due to EEM Event Uncorrectable ECC Interrupt in device DEV_LAMIRA (device error 0xc510025b) Who can tell me what caused this?Help me analyze this log information. Thanks.

Need  Help.Cisco Switch 6248UP Fabric Interconnect coming to this error how to solve this.Cant Open UCS Manager.{ No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate) }  Thanks.