Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Quick question concerning a management ip question on a switch. Does a management ip need to be set for each and every vlan on a switch? In other words, say I have Vlan 10 and Vlan 20. Do I need to do a:interface vlan 10 ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x...

Hello all, I've been trying to research this error message that I received on my 6509 and I haven't been able to find it anywhere on Cisco's support documentation. I don't have access to the error message decoder so I am asking my fellow techies o...

joeaviles by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Am I right in my interpretation of the data sheets that the little 2960-8PC does not support PoE, but the 3560-8PC does? If so, what was the rationale behind that design decision? I reckon an 8-port fan-less switch with PoE would be extremely usefu...

I have two sites set up pretty much identically. One works and the other does not. My configuration is as follows. I use 6500 series switches at both sites. The only real difference is that the configuration at the site that works runs in hybrid mod...

g.hammond by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey everyone, this should be a quick once.I was under the impression that c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-40.SE.bin should be okay to load onto the WS-C2960G-24TC-L,but when I tftped the file over to my switch and setup the boot sequence like so:BOOT path-lis...

Hi,We are having two routers and and HSRP is formed between gig 0/0 of each router.We have been given two different pools of Public IP address so we plan to give secondary IP address to each gig 0/0. If we use a different standby group number for e...

Hello all,My company is planning to move into a new building. We will be consolidating different buildings into this one location. Initially we will have 4 floors with 600 users, in the future we will assume 5 more floors and will have 2000 users.We ...

We installed 5 each 3750 switches using Stackwise and tested the auto upgrade feature. We were unsuccessful using this feature. Our Image file is a .bin file which our SE believes can be used to auto upgrade. The show boot command shows the master ha...

williamka by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I meet a set of access management as follows, does anyone know the use of line 66? Thanksline con 0 stopbits 1line aux 0line 66 (////////// why line 66 required ??) no activation-character no exec transport preferred none transport input all transpo...

Hi. I am having access a router by dial-up (central site) and having access by telnet a remote router. I obtain to enter with the configuration commands and to save, however the connection is blocked when I enter with any command show.What it can be ...