Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I would just like to check can I span the same port twice?????At the moment I have a request from a customer who has port spanned on the outside of the firewall on a 6509, that is working, but their device isn't able to cope. They have asked if I can...

Hi, I'm learning CISCO at the moment and was wondering if you can help me. My 877W Router is configured with DHCP from 10.10.10.2 to 10.10.10.254 and any PC which is connected to the router can get internet access. 10.10.10.1 is the router.My ques...

backpedal by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, when we have broadcasts are they always layer 2 broadcasts ie arp broadcasts,or can you have layer 3 broadcasts ?

Hi - i have 2 x L2 WAN links between buildings. 1 = 1G wireless (seen by the switch as an L1 cable)1 = 155Mb ISP (seen by switch as an L1 cable)Right now they're set up in RSTP, but it would be great to utilize the very expensive 155Mb link no-just w...

Ghosting to multiple workstations using the software Ghost used to work perfectly. Now it has stopped working. It does work with unicast.The only change I can think of is that we upgraded out core switch from CatOS to CiscoIOS.Can this affect multica...

londint by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all. I'm deploying a new NW and was planing to use R-PVST for my loop avoidence. If i deploy this, and say, someone from the helpdesk plugs up another 3rd party switch that doesn't support PVST.. then loops the NW. Will i be safe?

In my network i have some routers which are connected only to one main router(serial leased line connection) and a switch. If i use default-routing is that enought or i must use a routing protocols (etc rip, eigrp) and etc. What's the best think i sh...

Hi,we are having TACACS+ authentication with a Cisco ACS v3.3, and we are now trying to built some user's with specic rights. For example- Assign ports to VLAN- Change the description of a portHow can I set-it-up? do I need to define anything on swi...

jorge.s by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloCan anyone help me understand if it is possible to have NAT pools that NAT Inside Local addresses to Inside Global addresses, plus static entries that NAT static Inside Local addresses to a static Inside Global addresses? I have a app server on ...

Hi all,The core network is switched using a 4510R. I need to route to a new subnet (network extension) and I want to use the 4510r to do this instead of purchasing a new router. I've simulated the 'new' network using a 3560G in a lab environment an...

mark.hall by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all,we have a Catalyst 4503 switch. Is this switch is capable of Layer 3 switching? If not, what module do i need? this one uses IOS, not CatOS. thanks in advance

cmadiam82 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am looking to upgrade the IOS on our X4232-L3 modules in a 4006, and after following all the links that point to the download area (have CCO access), I find that there are no images available.I know the X4232-L3 is getting very old, but has a...

mattbaker by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes