Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Aim: create a server farm block for about 400 servers that have to dual home into the 2 switches that would comprise of this blockI already have a pair of spare 6500's which I can reuse for a server farm block. It currently has the SUP2 and the WS-X6...

ciscors by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Howdy all,I'm after inheriting a cisco 2950 switch in my new job and I do not know the enable password for it. I went about following the "password recovery procedure" but am getting nowhere. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_2500.htmlI ha...

Where can I find information on up-to-date software images for both CatOS and IOS? I would like to be able to compare the features to what we have now and then buy.

All, if I have a VLAN 300 with a management interface of 10.3.240.240 and a VLAN 400 with a management interface of 10.247.1.1, and each port is in the same subnet as the specified VLAN, what prevents traffics from entering the other VLAN?

rwamstutz by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone help me with this dilemma? First off, I'm not IT or networking or anything like that. I'm a soldier in the US Army that has been tasked with setting up and maintaining our detachment's network. What I'm trying to do is this: Network 15 ...

Hello,The aim is to deploy 2 ASA 5505 and to create a VPN between them.I saw ASA can operate as both client or server for EasyVPN.On the VPN interface (ASDM) I find the check button to activate the EasyVPN option but it seems to be for the client sid...

Resolved! STP & portfast

Hello,I have a question about STP.STP (rstp) is enabled on several switchs for a vlan which doesn't need it (there are no loops possible). On this vlan there are edge ports which doesn't have the portfast option activated. Each time I plug or unplug ...

We are running c6513-sup720. IOS version: s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-18.SXF9.If we do a snmp get to the router from a host, the router is doing a broadcast (255.255.255.255) with the reply instead of just replying to the host.Any ideas ?

reazulhuq by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I'm in a situation now where I would like to use the RSPAN feature. My sniffing machine is on a 3560 switch, the machine to be sniffed is connected to a 6509. Both support RSPAN. But, between the 3560 and the 6509 there are two older switches,...

rik by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Folks,I'm trying to find a 12.3 IOS image that allows me to create IPSEC tunnels.I downloaded 12.3.23 (GD) with the Enterprise Plus IPSEC 3DES feature set.When I installed it on my 2621XM router, I noticed that I cannot type in commands such as "...

We just received a 6513 with 2 Sup modules and 5 Gigabit switch modules. I wanna get to the web management of the 6513. I assigned an IP address to the default interface using the IOS commands but I still can not get to the web interface. I have look...