Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, can anyone tell me why we have mpls vpn's what is the benifits ?, and does when it says vpn, i gather its no encrypted like a normal vpn, is it the vrf routing table that makes it a vpn because each customer router has its own ?

In Cisco document "Deploying a fully routed enterprise campus network", it mentioned a black hole issue. ABR(the ditribution switch) will send a default route OSPF to access switch regardless of the distribution switch ability to forward traffic to c...

Leonlei by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have 1 x Catalyst 6506 running hybrid with a Supervisor 1A + MSFC and 1 Catalyst 6506-E running native with s Supervisor 32 + MSFC.Would we have any issues running these together as a "core" ?

sdawson35 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone explain what exactly do i achieve with the pruning configuration listed below when there are only specific vlans allowed on the trunk?interface FastEthernet5/28switchport access vlan 102switchport trunk encapsulation dot1qswitchport trunk ...

ambi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have an e1 connection on my router , this terminates 2 x frame relay connections, both with access rates of 2 meg, will the e1 card support this, as I though e1 can only go up to 2 meg.cheers

Dear Sir,We need to upgrade the flash memory of 3600 router, but find the 16MB(MEM3600-16FC= (PCMCIA) or MEM3600-16FS (SIMM)) is not available.Can we use the memory for 3800 routers such as MEM3800-64CF= for 3600?Thanks.

Hello,I was reviewing the logs on a cisco and noticed a router which had the FastEthernet port along with the Vlan port ,and they went to a down/up status multiple times in the past few days at the same time. The router's uptime is a few weeks.What ...

danny9797 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Software version

hi,we have some old software running on a 6513, vesion s72033-pk9sv-mz.122-17b.SXA2.bin,i've looked for some new software, but every version cisco says to replace it with is pulled with a field noticecan someone recommend a version I can use please

cavnet by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes