Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to configure a DHCP server on a Cisco router so it assigns the same ip each time to a specific PC. I use the following commands:rea#config tEnter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.rea(config)#ip dhcp pool net10.9.9.x/2...

dear sir, We need vrrp functionality for catalyst 4500 switch. We fount the subject mentioned ios version only can support vrrp but we after perform all the configuration , the ios hang at rommon after reload. Please advise any idea ? thanks.

chialun by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I?m having a slip sec error. Somebody knows how can i solve this problem? Thanks A lot!#sh run!controller E1 0/1 framing NO-CRC4 ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani cas-custom 1 country brazil metering answer-signal g...

I have sup720s in my network and I want to determin top talkers on the network, can this be done by RMON on the switch and/or sup engine? If so does anyone have a configuration example?Thanks.

nawas by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know this is probably pretty basic for most of you, but I am a bit new to this and in need of assistance. I have a Cisco 2851 Router with a pair of Cisco 3560 Switches connected to it. It is a small LAN with a network address of 172.17.1.0/24. A...

Kristoff by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! arp traffic

Is there anyway to prevent so much arp traffic? I am seeing that we are having a ton of it and would like to set something up so the computers dont have to broadcast all the time.

My company deploys are large number of devices so we generate all our switch configuration files with scripts. Is it possible to have the VTP commands as part of our configs? I've been testing this and receiving the error "%The VTP Password cannot be...

jasonwirz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Routing VLAN

Is there a problem with running an IP address on the main interface with sub-interfaces for Vlans or should the IP addresses all be sub-interfaces?EXAMPLE:interface GigabitEthernet0/0 ip address 172.16.1.2 255.255.0.0 bridge-group 1 media-type rj45!i...

skiver by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Sir,I find some product cannot be located inside configuration tool.If a product cannot be located in configuration tool, does it mean it is End Of Sale already?Thanks.

Do network administrators deploy this topology? I read plenty of examples of technologies and how they benefit from mulitple routers on one subnet(multicast). Who has the money to deploy 2+ routers per subnet?To me this seems like a luxury most net...

2pparish by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes