Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Hope someone can help to advice me on the following lab sceranio :I have 2 routers connected to a Ethernet Switch. Both routers ethernet interface are running OSPF.Question: Apart from configuring on the routers. Is there any configuration that ne...

caijunjie by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi netpro,does anyone know about this error msg ?Jun 27 08:19:16.776: %EARL_L2_ASIC-SP-4-FT_ERR: EARL L2 ASIC 0: Forwarding table bank 1 encountered correctable ecc error at address 0xB4DCregards,Jackal

ney25 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a L3 Switch in Server mode and now I have 5 Edge Switches(L2) to be configured.What is the benefit of configuring the Edge Switches on Clients Mode compared to Transparent Mode. I would be having 7 VLANS on the L3Switch.Please advice.

Hi!!Although it could be a basic cuestion regarding to the ACLs configuration, we have and issue when made this:access-list X permit 195.104.26.0 255.255.255.0By error we put into the command line the normal or natural network mask (not the wildcard ...

hello,i have a basic network of a cisco 3825 router with 24 port NME, a catalyst 3550 as our core switch, and another 3550 as a distribution switch. our router is on a very unreliable power source, so i set our core switch as our hosts' default gatew...

Dear Sir,i have cisco catalyst 4503 switch with SUPII+, and i want to upgrade its IOS to cat4000-i9s-mz.12.2-20.EWA2.bin, the required flash for this image is 32M.when i do sh file system this output appear:------------------ show file systems ------...

justanas1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This 1841 router has a WAN Interface(WIC-1DSU-T1-V2), two embedded Fast Ethernet Interfaces, and a Four-port 10/100 Ethernet switch interface card.My question is in regards to the 4-port switch. Is it in its own subnet, separate from the embedded po...

gdandas by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

With a properly configured switch and router setup, should HSRP multicast traffic destined for the all routers address 224.0.0.2 be seen by all endstations? If not, what specific router and/or switch configuration settings are needed to limit/restri...

I am about to design a network, and the owners are arguing that fiber optic cables will be better and faster for the network, i say not neccessarily. Am i wright? I proposed CAT6 to connect all switches, routers and servers (internet) which will be c...

Hi,I have a PC connected with a cisco 2900 series switch.This switch is cascaded with another switch(same series),which is further connected witha PC.I have cascaded the two swtches through two cross cables at port 2 and 3 respectively on both switch...

HiMy 4507R Switch has redundant supervisor.Each supervisor has two uplink interfaces.When i want to access the second uplink interface in active supervisor.A warning comes out that says "Interface GigabitEthernet1/2 is usable/operational only when th...

freedream by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Can anyone tell me what is differnet between NAT and Static in Cisco ASA, if i configure Global to use range of IP addresses it will be like configring Static so what is the differnece? and is it possible to access internet with Static only wit...

HiMy 4507R Switch has redundant supervisor.Each supervisor has two uplink interfaces.When i want to access the second uplink interface in active supervisor.A warning comes out that says "Interface GigabitEthernet1/2 is usable/operational only when th...

freedream by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes