Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,For the past two days, we have been having a really strange lag. There is a lag between our switch and our providers and they are directly linked via a Fiber SC line in the same datacenter. We usually get <1 ms lag, now it goes up to 60 MS some...

I loaded the Cisco Network Assistant and it asked me if I want to convert my cluster to a community config. Is this something that can be performed on the fly with no network down time? Thanks for your valuable insight.

jbuhmeyer by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The set up I have now is the followng:I have a router running eigrp whose FastE interface is conencted to an ethernet port on a catos switch. That catos switch's MSFC is also running an instance of eigrp. Both devices are exchanging eigrp updates. He...

lamav by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,This is regarding SNMP config on 2980G Catos switch for ver 8.4.9We have issued the following commands on the switch:1)For SNMP Access list : set snmp access-list access_number IP_address [ipmask maskaddr] I would like to know how binding of ac...

Hi, I have two VLANs connected to 1841 router.The WAN link is totally 128KBps. I want to dedicately allocate 64KBps for each VLAN. Is there any configuration command for the above scenario?can anyone send me configutaion files?

Hi,I have a multilayer Cisco 3560 network. All sites are connected to each other using RIP V2. The area marked in red is what we are having an issue with.1. We have remote sites connected by microwave links using Cisco 3560.2. In the attached image "...

Hi,I have a multilayer Cisco 3560 network. All sites are connected to each other using RIP V2. The area marked in red is what we are having an issue with.1. We have remote sites connected by microwave links using Cisco 3560.2. In the attached image "...

Hi allMy US customer need a remote access to ASA 5505 in its China branch office.Since there is no AUX port on this product,we have to attach a modem to console port.During the test,i meet a problem when i finish the physical link between modem and A...

freedream by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX515e routing SMTP traffic on x.x.x.67 to 192.168.2.10 (Exchange server) and x.x.x.68 to 192.168.2.17 (Secondary IP for the Exchange server). I just installed a Barracuda Spam Firewall and I need to forward x.x.x.67 and x.x.x.68 to it. W...

snpcpa210 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to reserve resources on a Catalyst 6500 switch so that even if other processes (routing, switching, etc) take up 100% of the CPU utilization, a certain portion of the CPU power is reserved for console access. This way, you'll never get...

ciscors by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to setup an SNMP trap or alert whenever I have a 4507R have a Supervisor Failover event. I can't find anywhere in Cisco documentation where there is a SNMP trap to to send my monitoring applications (Solorwinds & NNM) any alerts.Has anyon...

trackjg24 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, This is regarding SNMP config on 2980G Catos switch for ver 8.4.9 We have issued the following commands on the switch: 1)For SNMP Access list : set snmp access-list access_number IP_address [ipmask maskaddr] I would like to know where the bind...