Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I acquired a 1711 router that I am having problems getting the password to reset because the password recovery functionality has been disabled. I have followed the steps outlined in the TAC K13330028, but to no avail. Basically when I CTRL-BR...

sloov187 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I had a question regarding a PIX 506e firewall and a Catalyst 2960 switch and setting up internet access. Everything worked fine before I decided to subnet the internal network, I had it set up so the internet can be used and RDP can be passed...

Resolved! IPv6 and BGP

I have configured 2 BGP peers, each in a different AS one of which is advertising ::/0 to the other. Doing a show bgp ipv6 ::/0 shows the next hop as the global IPv6 address of that router. but when doing a show ipv6 route for ::/0 it shows the next ...

kjbarrass by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,I can't seem to locate a 10/100/100 POE (pre-standard or standard) 48 port blade that takes advantage of the technologies beyond the shared 32GB bus. I see CEF enabled, but I need to scale to dCEF, which doesn't seem to be available. Are th...

I need some help with migrating the users and servers off VLAN1. Our network consists of 2950s and 3550s. We are adding 2960s and 3560s for users and servers, respectively. Inter-VLAN routing is done on one of the 3550s. Currently most users, se...

btaylor by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The problem began when I rebooted the machine that is the ip helper-address machine. When it came back up none of the machines could talk to it anymore. It was just that machine.Rebooting the switch cleared the issue, but I would have preferred fi...

Resolved! trunking

Hello I am trying to figure out how to trunk between a catalyst 2950 and a 1900 ..I've either overlooked something in my book or else am missing the whole thing..any and all help greatly appreciated.. thank you

I have a Cisco 4506 that has redundant cable connections to other switches in the network. I am currently running:Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4000 L3 Switch Software (cat4000-I9K91S-M), Version 12.2(25)EWA8, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)If I do a "show sp...

I have recently installed catalyst 4506 and configured as L2 switch.But sometimes the CPU load reaches 99% and when i see the PM callback process takes more cpu load.I hve attached the config file along with show process details.Cisco IOS Software, C...

Hi, I need to connect a 2950 to a 2924 using fiber. The 2924 has 100BaseFX connectors and I need to buy a GBIC for the 2950. I saw the following but don't know if either are compatible to connect to the 100BaseFX ports on the 2924:WS-G5484 - 100...

hi mates :)there are two IP addresses I see wherever I look:192.168.1.x (Class C)172.16.x.x (Class B)Is there a specific reason makes those addresses special? (Like they are not used as public internet address)tx in advance for helping

ohalnet53 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every Body,I need to know the throughput of each cisco routers series, like 800, 1800, 2800 and 3800. I searched but with no results.can some one knows how can I find those informations please?Thank YouMostafa CHAKIR

mchakir by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possble to use TCP/IP, (we are lookong to eliminate our SNA lines) with 3270 type terminals and printers, utilizing SNAsw. If so, what hardware and/or software would be required, to commincate with our backend SNA 3278 terminals and IBM model ...

NETWORKCO by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes