Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I recently became the network administrator for a small local government entity. I have been thrust into the world of CISCO which is fine but I have a lot to learn. I have a CISCO PIX 515E firewall and I need to configure it so that when a link on...

andy by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, can anyone tell me how i would set up a cisco ap so it has a managaement addresss, say in my vlan 1, but i want to have the users on another vlan via the ap and to recieve dhcp,how do i make that the management ip is in vlan 1 on the ap? and ...

I am having what seems to be routing issues between vlans on the central office to the branch office. No network changes were made to cause this. And everything the ISP has checked is OK. It looks normal everywhere also so I have done a packet captu...

I have a Cisco 3550 with IOS version 12.1(22) and a Cisco 3560 with IOS version 12.2(25r). They are connected via the fa 0/48 port. Below is all the config info.Switch 1 Switch_1>sho vtp statusVTP Version : 2Configuration Revision...

7jgray by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anybody know of a way to do a secure remote IOS upgrade for a switch and/or router? For example can this be done with TFTP/FTP over SSH or perhaps SCP?Thanks!

Resolved! WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC

I'm not sure if I need to include GBICs into the configuration of the WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC, because in the description it is stated that 24 10/100 ports and two fixed 1000BASE-X uplink ports are included (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw...

sb062740 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to get a 802.1q trunk configured on a Gigabit interface on a 7206VXR. There is no enaps 8021q option in the interface config. Any ideas? The only 802.1q option at all is for tunneling. Thanks in advance for your help!

Dear Alli am looking for cisco ASA with the following features: 1. Content filtering2. Time based user filtering and3. User based bandwidth management.Plz let me know the right combination of modules in cisco ASA.Arjun

I have a problem with a 2801 router running both static NAT (inside-outside), a basic dynamic NAT (outside-inside) and two dynamic NATs through two route-maps (inside-outside)...The Static and basic dynamic NATs work OK so no problem there, but the p...

m-housley by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all i am having a silly confusion abt the protected ports.in the documentation they have mentioned that 2 protected ports cannot talk to each other.they can only talk via layer-3 device.does it mean that 2 protected ports should be in the differe...

I have an internal network 192.168.10.0/24 on Ethernet0, DSL (Dialer1 interface) is dynamically assigned by ISP, Loopback0 has a static public IP address 66.1.1.25. Traffic originating from outside (Dialer1) is NAT'd from 66.1.1.27 to 192.168.10.34,...