Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI recently started working at a company in CapeTown South Africa, where they have 5 Cisco 2900XL Series switches. The previouse network administrator left with some sour grape, thus not giving me any info about the switches.I managed to download Ci...

Hi All,Can anyone advise how I can find the Reload Reason from a cisco device using SNMP?I found the 'whyReload' OID, but this seems to have been phased out and is not contained within any current IOS releases.http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/B...

Hello Guys,Need some help.At the end of ACL there's 10250 deny ip any any log (19779077 matches) and 390 permit tcp any any established (66171 matches) on routerA. ACL only applied in routerAI be able to ping to destination IP address but when ru...

sir_rezzo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

guys just confuse abt something.....what does the following command meansswitch port mode dynamic desirable and some time we put nonogatite......in which scenario we will be using that command and why.....thanks in advance....regards

Greetings:My setup isCisco 1811 serving as a router/firewall to several windows 2003 servers at an ISP. Ive configured NAT on the router to expose http, https, and smtp ports on each of the servers to a unique public ip address within my x.x.x.230/29...

IM-Design by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,When we connect a new supervisor IV to our Catalyst 4507R (IOS) the led shows green. But via console cable it stays in ROMMON Mode. When we connected earlier the supervisor to an other chassis to place a new ios on it (IOS cat4000-i5s-mz.122-...

Hi folks,I configured a default gateway and a static default route on mycat4506 switch running 12.1(19)EW2.ip default-gateway X.X.X.Xip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 X.X.X.XI issued show ip route and nothing displays.#sh ip routeCodes: C - connected, S - sta...

carogo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have A 2621 router connecting 2 LANs, each with its own Internet connection via a PIX. I can oommunicate between the LANs, but only 1 can access the internet via its own ISP connection. Any help appreciated.

larry by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,i have question to ask you.My quetion is:How can i know advantage of ios?Example: c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-25.FX.binBest RegardJoin

join_sn09 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi alli have 5505but iam not able to configure for 802.q vlan ISL not able to configurecan some one suggest me what is wrong with the below systemor is this system does not support that ?show verWS-C5000 Software, Version McpSW: 2.4(3) NmpSW: 2.4(5)C...

talk2ram by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am installing a LAN with private IP address's. We will call this LAN 1It has a router that is connected toanother LAN we will call LAN 2I need to send email from a singlemachine on LAN 1 to a server onLAN 2. The IP address's on lAN 1 are all nailed...

asterof53 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes