Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have 4500 switch running layer 3 IOS and eigrp. It has one user VLAN. Users on that vlan can set their default gateway to any router on our network and it works. I am curious why this is working ? I thought you always need to set default ...

altaf007 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How do you enable link status monitoring on 4948's with IOS? I'm logging syslog level 5 events to buffer & when a link goes up/down nothing shows up in the logs.I dug around for a 'logging event link-status' type of command that you have to issue on...

jdevoll by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My co-worker (sysadmin type) has brought up that there are "minimal" cable length requirements when running from our 3750G to the servers. I am aware of max distances, but never heard of a min (switch to server) requirement. Can anyone chime in on ...

We have a Csico2851 with telephony supports for the head office. However, I work away from the head office all the time as a single developer here. How do I set up a home office that can both VPN to head office servers and also have a VOIP to the hea...

Can anybody confirm whether or not I have to power down my 3750G stack before I add a new stack member or if I can safely add a new 3750G to my existing stack without powering the stack down.

zeu7 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,not sure if this is the right place for this problem, but i'd be very much obliged if i can get the help i need. Yesterday, i upgraded the IOS image on my 3750 switch, and scheduled the reload to take place at midnight, but only for me to get t...

achalante by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,i've got a 4510R with a sup V, recently he started to restart non stop after entering the modules into an online state.making the switch boot without startup conf delayed the restart for a while. it seems that entering commands cause the switch to...

Can anyone tell me how many 2950 switch can be configured in a single stack, please provide link if any document is available for it.

network_a by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes