Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We have one central location. Here I am putting 2960 series switch. We have two more buldings one is 600mtr, second is 700mtr away from central location. I wants to connect both the location by multimode fiber LX. I required external transceiver t...

Hi, I have an idea on how to add some redundancy in to my existing network and would like some feedback on if it will work.We currently have network which is currently going through a design change and as part of this my boss is replacing most of our...

Hi all : I'm going configure NBAR at Cisco6509 with Sup720-3B . But when I implement to interface (Layer3 interface or vlan interface) there will appear this messages :"c6509-1(config-if)#service-policy input p2p-policyCannot add a filter requiring...

ted_wen by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All:Just a couple of questions to help clarify a few things. Right now we have a flat lan with user environment on 2nd floor and server room on the 1st floor. Switched environment with HP and CISCO mix.Bandwidth between server room and upstairs...

dj214 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have observed multicast packet drop in a LAN setup in 500:30 ratio thru traffic analyser (when the packets are entering into a router thru one vlan (ingress )and getting routed thru another vlan (egress) ), is this drop ratio normal?

vikramsi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have several interface VLANs. I use HSRP to create redundancy. Most vlans have one class C subnet specified. I would like to add a secondary subnet to a vlan and want that to be HSRP as well. Can someone send me a link or show me a sample confi...

mjgoodman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are setting up a dual ISP network, here is what we have:Router = 2811Sprint T1 on Se0/0/0Sprint T1 on Se0/1/0XO 10mb network on FA0/1FA0/0 going to firewallI have routes:ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 se0/0/0ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 se0/1/0And all is go...

I am a new cisco user, having just purchased a 831.I wanted to use SDM.SDM required IOS 12.2(13)ZH I have 12.2(8)YNDoes cisco provide a way to get these minor updates for free? I didn't buy this router with the intention of spending 12 hours learnin...

rhodebump by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I deployed a job, comes back with 'COnfiguration error' and QPM internal error. Theres no other detail. How can I debug it ? What could be the reason ? The config generated includes : permit 6 any any eq 1352 ..This is wrong syntax ??

nkhwaja by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have to link 3 sites (A,B,C) using fiber optic link and microwave link (mesh topology) as a backup link , Im thinking of creating three vlans one for each siteand route between them, then what about redundency shall I use OSPF routing or STP to rea...

ahmedssk by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want a bunch of users to get an IP address from a DHCP server located in Head Office. There are at least 2 wan hops from the spoke site to Head Office and from there multiple different vlans before the DHCP request would reach the DHCP server. I...

If we have the following network:router2*********router1******|-------------|**************|********************switch*******************|********************router3********If we have eigrp set up between all of the routers then if router1's LAN need...

schadmin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 6506-E with redundant WS-SUP720's. Both SUP720's have a PCMCIA Flash Card. I recently upgraded the CatOS and changed the config to boot from the PCMCIA (disk0:) rather than bootflash:. The SUP720's synchronized as expected and the Active Supe...

tj.rice by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes