Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have this error when I start my routerSystem Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r) [cmong 8r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Copyright (c) 2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.Bad RAM at location 0x00000000: wrote 0x00000000, read 0x00000400Which is the problem? How can I fix...

Hi,I am trying to remove a snmp trap host from the "show snmp" output. It is not there in the running configuration. But it shows in the "show snmp" output. Is it a bug? IOS is 12.2(18)SXF5. Platform is 7600.DOH-7600#sh snmp Chassis: FOX083306Y...

prakashj by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We just started using new Dell optiplex 750 desktops. They have a broadcom 57xx gigabit NIC build in.When attached to our 6509 chassis (running catos, and 10/100 blades)) the port flaps continuously. When the port on the switch side is set to 10...

SDWorx_2 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!In our company we have small campus LAN cosisting of two building which are connected with one optical link. In the main building (building 1 on picture) is situated main router (Cisco 3825 for communication with branch offices), Cisco 3560 24T L3...

kuzack2004 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all!Wondering if anyone knows of a command that will tell the temperature of a linecard in a Cisco 10012 router. If not, I assume I could get it via SNMP. Does anyone know of an OID that would supply that information? Thanks in advance!

b.withrow by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,While I was consolidating some HSRP information i found this paragraph:"Only the standby (second highest priority) router monitors the hello messages from the active router. By default, hellos are sent every 3 seconds. If hellos are missed for...

Sorry if this is a stupid question....Looking at purchasing the 3750's. I understand the Master/Slave issue with the switches. If one switch goes down, can I assume that all of the clients attached to this switch are down as well until the device g...

Hello, I have a 4 locations and currently running layer 3 links across the sites. i have my pix firewall connected to a 6509 switch and both of these boxes are located in the main office. The PIX (525) has three interfaces, 1 int-Public, 1-int insi...

I have two 6509s. Is there a way I can setup a virtual IP address for the Vlan Gateway? For example Vlan 2 could be 172.16.2.1 (as the virtual) 172.16.2.2 (primary) 172.16.2.3 (secondary). This way if one of my switches were to fail my workstation...

I recently moved 12 users behind a new firewall and now during ms file transfers we get write delay errors. In doing some packet captures I can see TCP retransmits. What is the cause of this?

m.egan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Where do I find the ROMMON Software? I can't seem to find it in Software download section. It's for a 6509 w/Sup720 and MSFC3 card. I need c6ksup3-rm2.srec.8.4.2 specifically.Thanks in advanceChris

I am just digging into the functionality of cisco 2924XL switches, so please be tolerant if I am either questioning what is obvious or way off base.We are a Wireless ISP providing services to Small to Medium Businesses. I have a location where we pro...

Hello,I'm looking to completely renew (and extend) our lan.We have a central building with approx 60 users and 5 others building with max 20 users. All must have POE for VOIP.the 5 building are connected to the central via multimode optical fiber.I c...

dufour001 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes