Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dears,Two core switches 6513 working as core using HSRP, I need to configure them VSS.I didn't go that site before and I have to go get the job done and leave, how I can get the proper IOS? i am not sure both current switches have the proper IOS that...

Bazoka by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Equipment in use:Cisco 1861 router – located at remote siteCisco 3750 switch – located at headquarter site Background:We have some experience with vlans, routing, switches etc.Prior to this new setup we were using the 1861 with T1 serial cards and li...

d_alva by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We had our cisco ip phones working with dhcp running on cisco 3850 switch (16.3.6). The SVIs were running on this switch. Recently, we introduced a firewall and moved all the SVIs to the firewall, however the cisco switch continued to act as DHCP ser...

Ok so I did a big mistake I upgraded the firmware from cat3k_caa-rpbase.16.03.05b.SPA.pkg to 16.12.1 and now the licensing system on this new version is different from the older ones..and I can't activate a permanent ipservices like it used to beand ...

image.png
WiLL-I-Am by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've got a problem with one of my svi's created on a 3750-x switch.I created a new vlan 220 which has been distributed with vtp. The 3750x is connected with a trunk to a 2960 which has ports in VLAN 220. 2960 sees the new vlan and I am able to pin...

Resolved! Single Mode QSFP+

What are the options for connectivity between Catalyst 9606 Campus Core to IDF 9300s switches over 40Gb SMF.  I looked at a few transceivers, and they are quite expensive such as  WSP-Q40GLR4L and QSFP-40G-LR4-S,etc. WSP-Q40TLR4L is the cheapest, but...

abbasali5 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Everyone ,             Been googling around and have not located if this is an option on switches.              We are working on a design that would be helped out IF we could use the ASA concept of redundant ports on our switches. We are a bit l...

I have two sites that are several miles apart. They have a fiber (VLAN12) connection between them on the Layer 3 switches and a Microwave (VLAN11) shot between one layer 2 switch and the layer 3. One location is the access to the internet. Is there a...

Capture.PNG