Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have ASR 1001, in which I want to encrypt password for line vty login.By default password is encrypted as "password 7" and to hide password 7 I am trying configure "login local" but this is not taking the command and if I do not set any password in...

akgupt89 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, Can anyone explain to me what VLAN mode I need to use on the port that connected to my wireless Bridge device? I have a connection from two different building using wireless bridge device. Building A and B. User in Building A is accessing and...

JohnAJ by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When a phone is on the voice vlan packet destined for it should have a 802.1q tag with a VLAN ID of the voice vlan. Does the EAP packet (for the phone) have an 802.1q vlan header when using 802.1X MDA? What about re-authentication packets? The Standa...

bdowney by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The curent ios of switch is :- cat4500-ipbase-mz.122-53.SG1.binI copied the new IOS on the 4948 into the bootflash directory. There is two files, the original and the new img.OLD-HQ-TEMP-SW#show bootflash:-#- ED ----type---- --crc--- -seek-- nlen -le...

Hi All, For my home automation i am looking for a layer 3 switch that meets the following criteria. Currently using 3750 but having issues for the last couple of days. Any suggestion will be appreciated.1. Fanless (for quiet operation) 2.PoE (for sur...

reashad by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

studying for CCNAi have two questions  when i make vlans say vlan 2,3 then exit why don't they show up in my running config or show ip interface brief. and for the second question when i use show ip interface brief and it show that a vlan is status u...

Resolved! Hosted Voice/VOIP

When dealing with Hosted Voice and VOIP phones connected to your Switches and Firewalls, what are some settings you'd recommend for an ideal environment? For example, what I notice the most is boradcast storm level 10 along with being attached to vla...

For a couple years, this switch has been trouble free.  Now, all of a sudden I've noticed that it likes to randomly reboot. If I unplug all cables from it and start to plug them back in, its ok for the first cable.  Second cable plugged in... reboots...

repulsor by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes