Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a couple of switches that are trunked via a LAN cable from another switch. I noticed that these switches sometimes have a hard time to SSH into. I get the error: "Connection timed out". After a while and a few tries I can connect just fine. I ...

Rick001 by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I'm trying to configure, on GNS3, the DHCP snooping+IPSG, the last one just for IP filtering.Anyway, when "ip verify source" is enabled on a port, hosts traffic is dropped regardless the IP DHCP snooping table is apparently correctly fill...

thedax by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

I got an stack with two C9200. One C9200-24P-E, and one C9200-48T-E.This stack runs in install-mode, with software version 17.03.03. The two flash: are as following : Switch#dir flash-1:Directory of flash-1:/72892 -rw- 2097152 Sep 30 2021 08:07:04 +0...

HI all,i'm quite new to RSPAN y sincererly didn't get it very well.Ok is for monitoring interface traffic for interface is configured,ok i configure the "sending port" and "receiving port in monitoring",but where this traffic is forwarded?Where can i...

gabelz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have configured DHCP server on Cisco 881. My customer like to know his IP address/MAC address.Is it possible to send some log of IP/MAC address to his server? Thanks Milan

burian by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Dear CISCO community,this is probably very rare question, and most likely I'll got negative response, but nothing to lose by asking. I found WS-C2960L-16TS-LL switch forgotten in basement, and it is damaged ( not working at all ) by water/humidity da...

Hi all,I teach at a networking academy at a community college and we have a few donated 3560X switches supplementing our student lab. Six are deployed in pods. The room has adequate climate controlIn the last 10 months we have had two fail, announcin...

20240508_120957s.jpg 20240508_123138s.jpg

I am experiencing high  cpu usage on one of my 4500x switches. Below is the output switch#show processes cpu sortedCore 0: CPU utilization for five seconds: 37%; one minute: 32%; five minutes: 29%Core 1: CPU utilization for five seconds: 19%; one min...

adi by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,I am seeing MPLS TE Tunnel is not coming up in my setup. I am using XRV node running version 7.11.2.  I have explained below the config and status.Could anyone please check and comment on this issue ?   XRV-A Config:                              ...

mailatgk_0-1715184319026.png
mailatgk by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In an SDN architecture, which function of a network node is centralized on a controller?I. Creates the IP routing table Most Voted II. Discards a message due filteringIII. Makes a routing decision Most Voted IV. Provides protocol access for remote ac...