cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a pix 501 and I am trying to set up VPN with the 3000 client. I have followed a cisco tec document on the set up. When I try to connect I get a "Failed to establish a secure connection to the security gateway". I am unaware if what setting ...

john by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I have a 3640 configured for dial in users. It authenticates using tacacs with the tacacs file on a linux box. We want to move to a windows radius solution but need to keep in place the tacacs as well. Firstly: is it possible to run tacacs and ...

dmc00001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,I have done a VPN using L2TP, the remote access from a windows 2000client to a cisco router IOS3640 is working well.Now i want to do L2TP/IPSec but i'm in trouble with it.You can find in this message a topology of my network, a config ofwindows...

nfe by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I can not find a solution for this problem, the IPSEC tunnel is working,i can ping from one end of the lan to the other but i cannot start telnetsessions or terminal server sessions or make a connection with aserver.I am using two Cisco 826 and IOS 1...

telemos by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an AP340 at home. I have a DSL connection to the internet. While wire-connected to my home network, I can establish a VPN connection to work without a problem. When I try to access using the 340, I get authenticated, then the VPN client stop...

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to change from a DES VPN setup to a 3DES setup. Is it just a case of substituting the word DES for 3DES? Would MD5 still be kept or would I need to change more?Assuming I have both enabled.thanks for any help.cheer...

agoodwin by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have 2 routers that I am trying to setup the VPN between. At location a, I have a t1 line that is setup and running properly. At location b I have a satellite system setup. I think that this is where the problem stems from. Then actual ex...

I'm looking into setting up a VPN network, however from a security point of view I'm not sure whether MPLS is 'good' enough. Are there any suggestions as to when using MPLS or when using IPSec or any other guidance in this matter ?Thanks,Guy

We have a PIX 520 (ver 6.2.2) and using Cisco VPN Client 5.3.2. VPN connections using IPsec over UDP works fine. When using TCP, the PIX firewall rejects any connections (it returns a packet with RST flag set).How can we fix this problem?

it by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What version of IOS is required to run TACACS+ on a Cisco 2924-XL ?The device has 4 mb of flash which restricts the image I can use. I have upgrade to Version 11.2(8.10)SA6 which I thought had TACACS support but after reloading I cannot find any TACA...

s-kirk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes