cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

DMVPN tunnels going into retrans

I have an issue I can't seem to find an answer for on the internet.  We currently have a DMVPN network setup with 2 geographically seperated hubs and mobile spokes that go up and down depending on mission requirements.  I have operated my hub router for the last 3 years with a control plane policy in place and have had no issues. Recently I've set about locking down the untrusted interface on this router with incoming and outgoing ACL's.  When I apply the incoming ACL there are no issues but when I apply the outgoing ACL everything will be fine for a short period of time, then the tunnels will start going up and down. I can start a constant ping to the other hub and responses are intermittent until I remove the outbound ACL then everything normals up.  The really odd thing is I can leave the outgoing ACL in place and remove the control plane policy and achieve the same results.  So something seems to be at odds between the control plane policy and the outbound ACL. Has anyone ever run into anything like this before and could maybe point me in the right direction as to what I should be looking at?

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad