cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Does anyone know where I can download the controller software 4.0.206.0? We are conducting an upgrade and we want this version in hand just in case something goes wrong.Thanks in advance.

Trony by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm new to the wireless world and we have been getting complaints lately since we turned on authentication for our wireless network. We have 4402 controllers and use 1242's for AP's.What should be the first things to look for? How would i know ...

I was asked to attend a site to find out why their wireless runs at various speeds and signal strengths, if you take a look the image below you will see that the antenna has been strapped to a pillar (steel), now I believe that this will have an effe...

mcheatle by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am installing the above AP's into a network and they are connected to 6509 switches using WS-X6148A-GE-45AF modules.When the AP's are connected and the command show power inline is issued some of the AP's show up correctly as: cisco AIR-LAP1242AG b...

JHaynes4 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there any way that I generate reports from the 4402? I was looking at an hourly count of logged on users. We have about 30 1510 out in the field and would like to know the usage.Thanksjustin

99xpltd99 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been trying to find the command that can verify that wep keys are being dynamicly changed. All the docs imply 802.1x does dyn wep but what command can I type on the wism cli to see that the kay has changed??We are getting alarms from AirMagnet...

bobtodd01 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a client that want to implement wireless in his office. He has purchased a 4402, WCS and ACS. My question is , can the WCS and ACS run on the same Windows 2003 server or does he need separate servers. I want to say he can co-locate, but I j...

Are there any "best practices" or recommended settings for optimizing voice traffic across a 1351 wireless bridge set? The 2 bridges are approx 200 feet from each other, no obstructions. Link tests from within the IOS show 1% retries and 54MB speed...

bdunsing2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a TrendNet TPE-101I power injector and I'm trying to power a 1231A via PoE. The injector is 802.3af-compliant. Is there any way to make this work with a 1231 or do I need to go find a Cisco-branded injector for this model? I attempted to ma...

kopchikc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm working with a customer who has a very large home (approx 7000 sq ft) with one computer at one end and many plasmas throughout the house. He wants to be able to roam the house with one wireless keyboard while receiving the video through the plas...

I'm having a problem configuring WPA2 on a Cisco 1231 Access Point, where I see a command which I cannot do on this one, which I could do on 1240 AP's. On the 1240 I've the following config of the SSID: vlan 60 authentication open eap eap_methods...

jorge.s by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card