Data Center Switches

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hey been working with  with the 1000v, we have it up and running fine in L3 mode, we have a VM in back of the 1000v all is good. The issue occurs when we try to migrate the actual VSM from the vSwitch onto the DVS. It appears we lose the L3 heartbeat...

miwitte by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I was wondering which Guest Operating System people are using for their VSM when installing it on a VM (not using a Nexus 1010).I know the attached picture are the server minimum requirements, but I would like to get a consensus of what most pe...

peter2727 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I hope someone from within Cisco or who already upgraded to Nexus1000v.4.2.1.SV2.1.1a and vSphere 5.1 can help here.1. I found some small inconsistencies in the compatibility documentation for the Nexus 1.1a release regarding files to use for...

I installed the n1kv switch on esxi 5.1.I am using Nexus1000v.4.2.1.SV2.1.1a in L3 mode.I created the uplink port-profile with the following configport-profile type ethernet n1kv-uplink  vmware port-group  switchport mode trunk  mtu 9000  switchport ...

Dragomir by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am implementing 1000v on ESXi servers connected via 2242UPs to 5596UPs via CNAs.The port configuration on the 5/2Ks is using the Cisco default which assigns 50% of the bandwidth of the 10Gb link to the server to FCoE (should it be needed)The questi...

I see this advertised on the main community page for the Nexus 1000V:Free Evaluation This program includes everything you need: VMware software, Cisco Nexus 1000V & Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) software, evaluation licenses, and installation docum...

stklein by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

I've got a 1000v environment on 1.4(a) and vSphere 4.1. Currently there are DVS across Dev and 2 prod environments. I'd like to be able to upgrade the vCenter to 5.1 before upgrading the 1000v's, however the compatibility doc for 1.4(a) doesn't menti...

jconides by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes