Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

hi there. i want to make large metro-E network using simple switch cisco L2 (not VPLS). how many vlan are supported in cisco switch and how many vlan supported by VTP to support ethernet. tq for kind reply.

jemekeren by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Actually I have a Cisco 12008 GSR with GE Line Cards, a GE interface is connected to 2960G switch in mode Trunk which receives diferent Base Stations where Customers CPEs are connected. We have created sub-interfaces per every Base Station, the probl...

HiI would like use the ethertype 0x8100 for the s-vlan tag.i am using an 3845 Router.example:interface gig0/1..interface gig0/1.1ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.xencapsulation dot1Q 500 second-dot1q 100because its not possible to enter at the main-interface...

erlangm by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have many separate offices connected to my access switch and I am providing their internet access. These customers do not need to "see" each other. How do I aggregate them into one pw out to the internet? I know that H-VPLS could do the same, but t...

Hi, I am trialling VPLS with BGP autodiscovery, using the configs supplied at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_vpls_auto_bgp.htmlANDhttp://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/tech/tk891/c1482/ccmigration_09186a008...

Looking to provide internet to a customer over 10M Metro-E. He has a Pix 506e and I'll be terminating in a 3725 at my location to send it on through to the net. Looking to verify these sample configs. Using VLAN so that as I add other customers I can...

cuchara61 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am finding references to SPA's with support up to 8000 vlans with restriction of 4000 for dot1q. I can't find any reference on how to use the range up to 8000. Everything says support for it, but how? Is it a new encapsulation?Thanks,Greg

Which is the lowest series router i need to test VPLS or Pseudowire in LAB? Will 26XX or 37XX will support the VPLS and Pseudowire testing?

dangal.43 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have STM-1 card STM-1 Port Adapter (PA-MC-STM-1) on router cisco 7206 & i need to divide it according to the following:1-one PVC that carry 40Mbps net(without framing).2-another PVC that carry 40Mbps net(without framing).3-the third PVC will carry ...

Hello.We want to use a ME-3400G-2CS with IOS METRO IP as router CE for access to an MPLS VPN.The ME-3400 will be the default gateway about 1500 IP Client.Are there problems for this configuration (arp-table dimensions and so on)?Thanks.

pbenin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes