Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Is it possible to map the cos from a tagged frame into the metro tag cos field when it enters a dot1q-tunnel port? The only option I see to set cos on a dot1q-tunnel port is to statically configure a value using the <mls qos cos <value> > commmand, t...

hi guys, just a qucik question. i am planning to configure Dot1q tunnel in my network. becoz i need to hide some vlans. my concern is , when we configure Dot1q tunnel . what happens to the cos marking on the original dot1q packet ? are they coppied t...

amitbatra by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,Do anybody have an idea of why ISp ask customer to crate Route Object in the registry site.And if route object is created for /20 pool then Provider asks to create route object for /24 pool which he is going to announce through providerPleas...

In the document:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6575/product_data_sheet0900aecd8029d01b_ps708_Products_Data_Sheet.htmlFigure 12 shows a WDM splitter cable for Non-CWDM applications. Under the picture says "The sam...

Dear Cisco Team, Does the Catalyst series support MPLS, VPLS PE / P function. AFAIK only Cisco Router support MPLS, VPLS PE/P. what catalyst series support MPLS/VPLS? tq anyway

jemekeren by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,802.1ag defines and classifies MEP as 'Down MEP' and 'Up MEP' where as Y.1731 doesn't classify MEPs. How will be the implementation when a device supports both 802.1ag and Y.1731 standards? Can we assume the MEP in Y.1731 implementation always...

ksriram29 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there. talking about VPLs benefit compared with only simple L2 metro-E. how many VFI could be created. does the number exceed the number of vlan/vtp number (4096)? how about vrf mpls. would u please tell me the maximum number supported by cisco?....

jemekeren by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to find out the best way to run spanning-tree in a service provider network. Right now we are running pvst and setting spanning-tree bpdufilter enable on all ports. It seems to me like this is disabling spanning-tree all together. Is t...

jrichesin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi, there what techinal difference actually exist between catalyst 3750 and cat3750 metro series? are metro series only available on 3750? tq

jemekeren by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi there. i want to make large metro-E network using simple switch cisco L2 (not VPLS). how many vlan are supported in cisco switch and how many vlan supported by VTP to support ethernet. tq for kind reply.

jemekeren by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Actually I have a Cisco 12008 GSR with GE Line Cards, a GE interface is connected to 2960G switch in mode Trunk which receives diferent Base Stations where Customers CPEs are connected. We have created sub-interfaces per every Base Station, the probl...

HiI would like use the ethertype 0x8100 for the s-vlan tag.i am using an 3845 Router.example:interface gig0/1..interface gig0/1.1ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.xencapsulation dot1Q 500 second-dot1q 100because its not possible to enter at the main-interface...

erlangm by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes