Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Folks, Could someone tell me the difference between the two.Also, xconnect documentation says we should disable spanning tree in the supervisory for the E0MPLS vlan?? I am confussed, how can i disable spanning tree of a vlan that belongs to a c...

Folks, We have a Sup 720 in a 7600 series router. We want to use the 2 gig ports in it to pass traffic in our backbone(Gig). Does the architecture all customers to use Sup 720 gig modules to be used for passing heavy traffic (line speed). Does the ar...

Hello Guys,I am configuring a dot1q tunnel VPLS since it suited our need for the client's requirements. To my surprise the 48 port tx we are using on our 7600 doesn't support this7609-PPE1(config-if)#switchport mode dot1q-tunnelCommand rejected: Gi2...

When two 3750ME ,same IOS and same configuration, connected using fastethernet trunk, vlan interface over the trunk can't building ospf neighbor,one can recieve the ospf hello ,the other can't.We have 22 3750ME running in our network, several sites h...

HiI have an Metro Ethernet network that have implemented VTP without VTP prunning. I want to configure prunning in my network. The question is: can have VTP prunning any negative impact of my network?

Hi alliam trying to Build metro Ethernet in my own townI have office with a distannce of 10Kmi want to bring them in metro ring and connect failover ringSo i have 5500 Switch at central endand I have 2 3750 Switched with LH Giga Module SFP in it 2 po...

hari_bhr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a Qwest GeoMax connecting two data centers and have an oppurtunity for some configuration changes at each data center locations. My question is, Is MPLS what I need to look at for confiuration. I need to have A server at location A and B wi...

sylliaas1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

metro ethernet connectivity is to be provided between 5 remote location and one central location.remote location has 2811 router and central location has cisco 7606 router.Now how to accomplish this connectivity?..what is the configuration?..ME conne...

minimintu by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Fellas, I was wondering if someone can help me out here. I need to know if anyone out there in a metro ethernet or campus environment is running STP/MST/RSTP at a large scale. Large scale meaning about 200 switches. Can anyone point me to a link for ...

bunker by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We were making some test with 4 Cat 6500 prior to insert them to the CORE and one of them, suddenly sent this message:*** System received a Software forced crash ***signal= 0x17, code= 0x24, context= 0x43bc3de4PC = 0x40143a20, Cause = 0x1820, Status ...

xbanchon by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know what routers support MHSRP. I believe there is a hardware limitation.Thanks for the info

bdiop by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Need some guidance here. On a 3550 I normally set up rate-limiting on a per-port basis to provide internet service or other rate-based services to customers. As such I need to be able to apply ingress and egress service policies to an interface. In o...

I am getting a lot confused on proposing VPLS or RPR for the metro solution. Can anyone guide me on the plus and minus or comparisons on VPLS and RPR technologies ????Some links could be really usefull.Thanks in advance