Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi!Would it be possible, using Cisco PIX, to set up a lan-to-lan VPN where the peer has a dynamic ip?The peer-command doesnt seem to accept a hostname (as something.dyndns.org).What about IOS? Is it possible there?/Thanks

frejac by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have overlapping network 172.16.9.0. Trying to follow the link according to which this scenario will work. http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/config/bafwcfg.htm#wp1113571The scenario is not working. This is what I f...

Hi,we are trying to setup a windows media 9 server (windows 2003) behind a pix firewall. We first started by opening the tcp and udp ports by Microsoft documentation ie:tcp port 1755tcp port 554udp port 1755udp port 5005The clients comming...

lordi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I had a co-worker tell me that the PIX is not an enterprise solution. Since I've never worked for a large corporation, I couldn't say if he was right or not. Your thoughts? Also - has the PIX OS ever been compromised?Thanks in advance!Andre...

Wondering if I can do this. Here at corp I have a 3005 and my external small offices all connect into it via 3002 hardware client.I am bringing on 4 new offices all of hilton head island. I would like to place a 3005 out there at Hilton Head Island...

I am adding a failover firewall to our network. Our ISP has a 30-bit subnet for our outside network connection. One IP address for there router and one for my firewall. To add a failover firewall should I ask my ISP for a 29-bit subnet for the ext...

don.cook by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the best way to ensure the MC database is in sync with the actual running config for a sensor? Currently I remove and re-add the sensor if the MC does not reflect the actual sensor config?

gbudgbud7 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a remote office that we would like to isolate with a PIX. Currently we have a trunk between the core located in our building and the core located in their office. All traffic is layer 2 and there is no routing between the buildings, just the ...

bizsnatch by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes