Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,When i attempt to upgrade the PIX Software, on my "PIX Classic Firewall"i get the below error. Do i need to change any Dip switch settings on the Flash card (ISA)?I get the below error when i boot of the boothelper disk.I have a 2MB Flash card. I ...

jlantoona by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,my costumer´s Internet Firewall between inside, outside and DMZ networks is a Linux running Iptables. Well, his Proxy Server is installed in DMZ network and his inside workstations access webpages passing through this proxy. This access is carried...

ebarea by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our PIX has extremely high CPU usage, mostly 99%, with lots of interface overruns. Is there a way to track what is causing such high CPU usage. We have a VPN tunnel running between the sites as well. For that very reason, it keeps locking up every no...

aun.raza by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have got a PIX 520 that I cannot seem to get working.The following message is displayed. Any ideas what the cause could be.Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Version 5.3(2)open(ffsdev/2/read) failedAn internal error occurred. Specifically, a programming...

thomasw by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have what may seem a strange question...I have a customer with a PIX and an SMTP server on the inside of their network. They were using a Port Based NAT via the following command (all IP addresses are changed to protect the innocent):static (insid...

Hello,I'm sending part of my PIX configuration (ver 6.3(1)) .Users from Inside the Network (secure ) can't able to access the Internet through PIX where as if they are directly connected to Router byepassing PIX , they can . From PIX , I can able t...

raju by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I don't know how to fix the problem of DNS not working through the PIX firewall. We have an internal DNS server and our ISP hosts external DNS servers. Would this work? Apply an ACL on the Inside interface that looks like:access-list 101 permit tcp...

kholford by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,When configure PIX to VPN client 3.x , we use the command vpngroup.How about if I have 20 VPN client users, does it mean I need to create 20 vpngroup XX profile ?Can we have multiple users in one group and assign individual user with unique usern...

tckoon by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Problem with mailserver communication through a PIX with mailguard (fixup smtp) enabled. Running 6.1(2) version on test PIX but we see the same problem on a PIX running 5.1(?)debug fixup report -->---------------------smtp_cmd: (w05857/25 <- 15.162.1...