Other Data Center Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

To all experts;   I like to know if I can use Ethanalyzer to troubleshoot a DHCP problem, the DHCP client and server are running in a VMware machine, I am not clear if the DHCP traffic can be by visible by Ethanalyzer if it is, I appreciate if you ca...

larriegj1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I need to implement DHCP relay in DC environment. I am attaching DC network diagram. There are total 3 Vlan in one VRF (name: SAP_HANA). Three vlan subnets are mentioned below. VRF: SAP_HANA Vlan10: 172.16.10.0/24 Vlan11: 172.16.11.0/24 Vlan12: ...

Hi All,   I installed a N9kV switch for vxlan testing, Requested License from Cisco licensing team and they provided me a demo license for about 60 days. At some point I reloaded the nexus switch it boots up with a new serial number and I lost my lic...

Prem_7 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I have doubt in nexus. How can we confirm that following command has been enabled on nexus switches or not. I searched online but could not find an answer. , Do we need to enable feature called privilege to do so?   Service password encrypti...

Hello team,   I was going through the specification of Cisco 9500 series switch and i have doubt regrading number of ports on nexus devices. Please refer to the image i have attached. Are there reallly 1152  10 gig ports on a nexus switch and are the...

We are thinking about using VXLAN to extend L2 between the DCs. Customer has N9ks at both the sites and has a single point to point link. I am not able to find a design or configuration guide to use VXLAN for DCI solution. Please note that within the...

dganta by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Fabric path

Hello,   I am just started studying for Data center and have a doubt regarding fabric path. We have a term FTAG (forwarding tag). In that is given that it identifies the fabric path topology the frame is traversing. The system selects unique ftag for...

Resolved! nexus 5020 and PTP

Hi,i try to use a nexus 5020 for voip applications. in my case with dante devices.After approximately 3 minutes it seems to be the nexus switch is filtering all PTP packets and the VOIP/Dante devices are loosing sync. system: version 5.2(1)N1(9a) bes...