Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

Have a PIX 520 running 6.0(1) with failover and 5 DMZ's (in, out and three others) and all our DMZ's are Cisco fast hub 412. I have recently been put in charge of managing the PIX and am learning on the fly. I have removed many static’s, conduits a...

tgroth by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know of an easy way to block the use of the AOL/tcp connection. I have users internal who are installing their personal AOL account on their PC's and using that connection to get around my PIX 515 and Websense filtering software. I would ...

I want to grant an outside network access to a particular port on an IP address on my network. I entered the line below on my ACL yesterday then went home to see if my IP address was allowed. It was. I was expecting to be denied. I'm back to squ...

Is it possible to produce a redirected syslog output of all events from a Cisco Secure 4.0 appliance? Obviously this capability exists from the various management platforms however can the underlying Linux O/S of an appliance be configured in this f...

atramos by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can I list two static statements to same host. I have tried on pix 515 ver6.3 andget failed to xlate errors on second static statement. Example:static (inside,dmz) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0static (inside,dmz2) xxx.xxx.xx...

i have a client with around 500 users..350 of whom are located on 7 remote offices and the remaining 150 are on the head office. All of this 8 locations are will be having their own proxy servers..they are connected to the head office thru frame rel...

rpalacio by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Referencing the Cisco document "Using and Configuring PIX Object Groups" I'm trying to understand the service configuration. In the document, the object-group "allowed_prots" is tcp and the object-group "high_ports" is tcp-udp but the access-list 10...

gdankberg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3 hosts on a DMZ interface on a PIX515. The hosts need to access each other for various applications. When initiating a session from one host to another the PIX blocks the conversion with an error stating no xlate. I have put this down to t...

I have two possible next hops for a remote network. I need to use IPSec if using one and not the other. I figured I could use a route map like this:access-list 20 permit 192.168.2.2access-list 120 permit ip 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.1.0 0.0.0....

tato386 by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes