cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 2621XM router and I need to config the it for PPPOE for my AT&T service. Will the config below work for me? I only have Fastethernet interfaces on this router. Also where do I type my username and password for the PPPOE login to the internet...

We are looking to install a new NPE-G2 processor card into an existing 7204VXR chassis to replace our current NPE-400.While researching a suitable IOS release, the software advisor has highlighted that even though the NPE-G2 ships with 1GB of RAM, th...

hi,In CBT Nuggets, Jeremy says that, if we do not specify a permit statement at the end of the route-map, all unmatched routes will be discarded.However, in Cisco IOS Cookbook, I read that even if we do not specify a permit statement at the end, all ...

Hi every body!I was looking at output of " show int" command,I find every port has mac address assigned from the pool.My question is what is the purpose of these mac-address because hosts connected to ports, do not need to use the mac addresses ,assi...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody!What types of interfaces can be regarded as layer 3 layer 3 engine interface?svi,loopback, are layer 3 engine interfaces? If they are layer 3 engine interfaces, How can they mac addresseses as they are virtual interfaces?For example , my...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I have the following scenario. I have an 871W router connected to the internet.Public IP: x.x.x.xprivate IP: 10.20.1.1The wireless clients connect and pull a 10.20.1.x address from a local pool on the router.Behind this, I have an ASA:public ip: ...

We have a few catalyst 3550/3560/3750 and as far as I know they only support 8 routed SVI:s each.Although it is possible to create more than 8 SVI:s, it is not supported by Cisco. I would like to reduce these switches to two or three, thus increasing...

mattias04 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a multicast source that sends out 4 streams. When I go to the recieving router and run the command below it get a high number of multicast drop. My video would play for about 5 minutes than hang. Is this drop related to my video hanging? What...

Q1: Port that host are linked must become access link, configure them with the best practice so that the ports will directly go forwarding at startup.Answer 1 : Switchport mode access Switchport access vlan x Switchport portfastAnswer 2 : sw...

william2u by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys,Thought I'd throw this out here and see what I get back. I have an office that will have a microwave connection and a DSL location at the same site. I've been asked if it's possible to ensure the data goes through the DSL and VOIP traffic go...

Hi All,Can someone shed some light on the below EIGRP o/p.. Iam trying to figure out '0' successor meaning in R1 and is there anyway I can see the Successors IPs for the networks listed in R2 topology table.R1:#sh ip eigrp 29 topologyIP-EIGRP Topolog...

We have just switch from ATM to MPLS circuits for all of our remote sites. We use ISDN for fail over when the Primary T1 circuit goes down. Problem: ISDN will not come up when the primary circuit goes down, however we can manually force ISDN up, for ...

dlevasse1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes