Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hello,I'd like to ask what I thought would be a fairly simple question but as yet I've been unable to find the answer.I'm looking at building a VMware system and need to test 802.1x amongst other things.  I saw the Nexus 1000v and thought that this m...

I already asked this question in the ACE forum but I got no real confirmation, so I will try here in the Nexus section:===================================================================================Is it possible to connect an ACE Module to 2 Nex...

Hi,We are currently seeing issues on a ESX Host using 10G Fibre dual connectivity to a pair of Nexus 7010's using vPC for the port channel to this ESX host which was working fine , up to this weekend. No changes had been made on the Nexus or ESX host...

Hello,I red on N1K getting started guide that you have to take care to install VMS and VME on the same ESX.It state that you have to avoid to power off VSM, why ? is that true even in active/standby VSM configuration ?What's up when VEM's lose connec...

helenio by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Could sombody tell me what's the use of L1 and L2 ports on Nexus 5010 switch. Can we use them as a data ports? If it's for management why additional ports are there for management (mgmt 0 and 1)?Pls. suggest.Thanks,Pawan

winpwnkmr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 Nexus 5k's running NX-OS 4.2(1)N1.   The 2 5k's are not directly connected to each other.  These are connected to Nexus 2k's which are in the top of our server racks.   Initially, my higher ups asked to have jumbo frames enabled, so i perfor...

jonesl1 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All:One of my customers is having a rather strange issue that I'm a little intrigued by. I have opened a ticket with Cisco TAC already and we just can't seem to put our finger on it. Here's what's happening:- Customer is in a Virtual Desktop environm...

dpaluszek by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there currently any way to limit ssh/telnet access to the Nexus 5k, similar to the Copp workaround fort he 7K?  I am aware of bug CSCsq20638, which will presumably resolve the issue on all platforms, but I don't see any workaround for the 5000 rig...

mflanigan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes