Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Could anyone comment on whether the capability exists to configure an ACL that protects management access, restricting access to certain source subnets? I want to use inband mgmt access (interface vlan feature)but limit the access by IP. ACLs seem ...

spreed by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Cisco Nexus 4000

All,We recently bought Cisco Nexus switches. We are testing these switch in lab environment. I found something very interesting about these switches. We cannot create a VTP domain on this switch. I was wondering what might be the reasonNOTE: I have n...

Hi,I have a questions about the number of subgroups in Nexus1000V. I can use sub-groups with an ID between 0-31. Does it mean that I can have only 32 subgroups for all my port-channels ?  Or can I use the same sub-group-ID for interfaces that are in ...

hleschin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,as i understand the communication between the VSM and the VEM's can be over L3 and not just L2.i need to understand what protocols are running between these two entities ? is it a 2-way communication?, meaning that the vsm is initiate the sessions...

Hi,My name is Jay Kishan and I am currently working as a network administrator in my company. We have just finished first phase of implementing Server Farm in our Data Center i.e. all servers in a different VLAN and all users in a separate VLAN. (Act...

Getting the following in the log when connecting a VM to the Nexus 1000v:2010 Jun 21 17:47:30 qepslcn1kv %VIM-5-IF_ATTACHED: Interface Vethernet1 is attached to Network Adapter 1 of <vmname> on port lveth3/1 with dvport id 1002010 Jun 21 17:47:30 qep...

RuddGates by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'd like to ask what I thought would be a fairly simple question but as yet I've been unable to find the answer.I'm looking at building a VMware system and need to test 802.1x amongst other things.  I saw the Nexus 1000v and thought that this m...

I already asked this question in the ACE forum but I got no real confirmation, so I will try here in the Nexus section:===================================================================================Is it possible to connect an ACE Module to 2 Nex...