Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to determine which ports are combo ports.  The model is WS-C3560CX-8XPD-S.Which ports are combo ports.   Here is the show ip int brief GigabitEthernet1/0/1GigabitEthernet1/0/2GigabitEthernet1/0/3GigabitEthernet1/0/4GigabitEthernet1/0/5Gig...

Shar_De by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I'm just curios about this scenario. Can a switch-to-switch 801.1Q trunk be expand over an L2TPV3 connection or does it need a 802.1Q-in-Q before it goes through the tunnel?Thanks folks,Norbert

We have a 3750 stack on 12.2 (25).  They have been in place for years with no recent config changes.  We have two ports that the phone drops connection on after a couple of minutes.  The cable test fine.  If we jack in to the computer it is fine.  If...

swicklund by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone explain to me how the ASR903 platform (specifically running 16.6.2) hashes packets across a LAG that is a member of a bridge domain and how to verify this? I can change the methodology in the running configuration but it seems that it has...

Hello All, i always find STP very confusing , however i am currently studying switching and i have the below questions:- 1-i believe that the root switch election will occur before the ports goes to any state , is that true? 2-why would the root brid...

xZamalek by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Thank you to all who have posted and responded to all of the TDR questions over the past which i have reviewed.   I could not find thru many searches any mention of what Cisco PAIR A,B, &  map to...   I would like to know if anyone can confirm the CI...

stedaleo by Cisco Employee
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3 public DNS Servers and I want to provide them as HA Service. The question is now how can I establish this without a physical load balancer. My idea is to use LACP to get this working.Goal:The 3 Servers should be connected to the Switch where...

Hello,I ordered a cisco switch with the following features:8GB RAM2GB FlashWhen I received the equipment, I wanted to check if indeed it is the good material but I can not interpret the output of the orders.thank you for helping me  

Dear All Could someone explain to me what happened to my catalyst 4500, please? Aug 19 15:32:28 10.12.1.2 15467: 015463: Aug 19 11:32:27.980 UTC: %HSRP-5-STATECHANGE: Vlan1 Grp 1 state Standby -> ActiveAug 19 15:32:31 10.12.1.2 15468: 015464: Aug 19 ...