Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All,  I have a cisco 3000 nexus ( 3048) and on some ethernet interfaces used for firewalls Hearbeat that are using Multicast for Sync, the switch interface drops multicast on the qos queue, i think its due tot the global configuration, anyone c...

ANAKIN_TN_0-1696883201311.png
ANAKIN_TN by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a switch stack that is showing an uptime of 5 years and 30 weeks so I figured it might not be a bad idea to reboot it. The stack consists of two C3850 10G switches. I have some storage attached to it that I don't want to go offline so I reboot...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Two switches connected in a lag with the two fiber sfp ports.If I also connect them with ethernet cables using 1 or 2 or 3 ports and then add them to the lag of the two fiber abobe, they still work but do you think that this improves the bandwith bet...

tecnicOIT by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)SE2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3) Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Thu 22-Dec-11 00:24 by prod_rel_teamWh...

cisco.jpg cisco1.jpg

Resolved! nve peer is not up

Leaf1# show nve vniCodes: CP - Control Plane DP - Data PlaneUC - Unconfigured SA - Suppress ARPSU - Suppress Unknown UnicastXconn - CrossconnectMS-IR - Multisite Ingress ReplicationHYB - Hybrid IRB modeInterface VNI Multicast-group State Mode Type [B...

prohit by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello everyone!I added port-security to my switch a long time ago and today I had to migrate container from one node1 to node2. At the moment when I migrate the container I got SecurityViolation - 1 and the port on which the node2 is was shutdown. Th...

nakata720_0-1696849240614.png nakata720_1-1696849264818.png
nakata720 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I replaced 3750X with 4500X. Since the change I have several log lines %SFF8472-5-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION.Oct 7 08:26:40: %SFF8472-5-THRESHOLD_VIOLATION: Te2/1/12: Tx power high warning; Operating value: 1.5 dBm, Threshold value: 0.4 dBm. Oct 7 ...

I have strange situation with my old switch (2690) that powers on and i can hear the fan running but the all the leds are not lightning?  Do you know what is happening with the switch? Regards.

Resolved! Cisco 9148S

Hi, I believe the Cisco 9148S already EOL. Anyone know where I can find second hand / refurbish unit for this model. Also there is any license required ?  What is the suitable replacement for Cisco 9148S. Thank You.

Hello, Im about to start my packet tracer netcad assessment, but i cant modify my device interface, getting configuration is locked prompt. Please help.

mauchy164 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If someone has given a gateway IP and due to that some devices have internet but not others, how do we troubleshoot and reach the device that has been mistakenly given a gateway IP?

Resolved! Nexus 5000 - Lacp

Hello I have create a new vpc, but when I a "show port-channnel summary" why I see Po50 with Protocol NONE and 10 and 30 with Protocol LACP? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Group Port- Type Protocol Me...